Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo to WRC?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo to WRC?

Ive been looking around the internet and can't find anything on ralliart producing another car for WRC....does anyone know why they pulled out i the first place and have any information on the future of lancers rally racing? pretty dumb to boast so much with advertising with "rally inspired" when they don't even participate to my knowledge...thanks in advance
Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

I believe alot of it had to do with money. They needed to get there head above the water in the market. Then they will go racing.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

That is correct about the companies financial situation tying into their WRC participation. Mitsubishi last ran in WRC in 2006 with a highly uncompetitive car(although it looked amazingly nice). I wouldn't be surprised if they get back in WRC eventually, but I wouldn't expect it for the next 2-3 years. Unfortunately for us being Evo and Mitsu fans, they haven't had a truly competitive Evo in the rally big leagues since the Evo VI. As far as Mitsu using the term "rally-inspired", I don't have a problem with that. It might be harder to justify that term for the new Evo X, but at least the VII-IX had the rally-proven 4G63 engine and a chassis that was more than adequate on a rally course. My .02 cents.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
WRC car if you are looking for them, are the Factory build and backed up , racing only cars.
The mitsu used WRC cars only in the CT9A chassie.
But they are running in the rally, as a groupe "A" and "N". all around in the world .
Mitsu said they planning to come back in the WRC in 08. but seems to me, it will not going to happen.
So i think 09 is more realistic.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 01:02 PM

very sad, I loved watching the evos romp through dirt all over the sti's
Old Feb 8, 2008, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

they where nice to look at but disappointing results sucked