Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car accident

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car accident

So last night after the bars ( I wasnt drinking when I drive the evo I dont drink) I was coming under a bridge that has several lanes one there is the cement support for the bridge in the middle and lines run on either side of it I needed to get to the left turning lane so after i go under the bridge i check my mirrors and appears to be clear so i proceded to change lanes next thing I know some guy side swipes the front drive side of my car as soon as i start getting over. This guy came out of no were, I havent been in any accidents prior to this so I was in complete shock. His car must have been in a blind spot caused by that cement berrier or support cause I never saw him. As for the damnage I am fine my car on the other hand is pretty bad, whole front bumper got pealed off intercooler end tank is broken, fender is crushed in, headlight is no were to be found, ACD pump took a pretty good beating and is leaking fluid some lines are broke off. Tie rob was broke too so I couldnt turn the wheel, suspension looks a little tweeked too this is all I could see. Im sure once the wheel comes off there will be more damage. I have no idea if they will total the car, but I hope not. Worst feeling in the world when something like this happens. I just hope I can have it back to normal in a timely manner.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

It happens to the best of us. Glad you weren't hurt.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

that sux
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Heres a pic I took this morning on my phone.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to see
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear that. It does happen to the best of us. There have been a few times that by the grace of God go I incidents have happened. Be thankful you weren't harmed.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

I feel your pain man
Good that u are physically ok and your heartbeat has gone back to normal.
All the best with the repairs.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks! Glad to see no one got hurt. Good luck.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:30 PM

sorry to add my own problems to yours but noone seems to post much in the car wreck thread.

my first accident was last night... Came home for the weekend from school at Tennessee, so this sucks since i had to get a flight back this morning. I was headed down 495 in MD minding my own business when i see a car in my rearview swerving, coming up at about twice my speed. one car flies by so i know its a race, another bottoms out somehow (evident by sparks under his car) then nails me spinning me into a guardrail. he somehow also hit another car and put him 10 feet into the woods. worst part is that he sped off. luckily there were witnesses but one of them thought it was me who hit the car in the woods 30 yards behind me. 20 minutes later they found the clown who hit us broken down a few miles up (i would like to have a few words with him).

one rim was bent, along with body damage to the rear left. front left as well (where i hit guard rail). head light is gone but the hood is ok leading me to believe the engine should be ok. the gentleman towing us spent an hour yelling at me and towed the car by an intercooler pipe which im sure will lead to trouble (he had the nerve to yell at me for asking him to stop). that seemed to pull the front bumper off a bit along with the intercooler.
question is does anyone know of a good body shop and repair shop in the DC area? most people dont know what to do with an EVO, especially a modded one. Im tuned at DTM, should i just give it to them and see what they can do?
ill let you know what insurance says...
PSI NRG, please let us know what happens with yours, it will give me alot of guidance as to what to do with mine
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

I should know by monday what im going to do with the car. I also noticed that the core support was ripped completely offt he car now im worried about having the car totaled because it looks like a lot of damage so who knows.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
damn. Good luck with it.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to see that happen bro, but glad youre ok though. She'll get put back together.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

So the guy was in front of you? As in, your headlights made contact with his taillights?

Did you signal and look over your shoulder before you changed lanes?

I'm not being critical of you, I'm simply trying to understand how this happened, especially if you had no visual sight of the car, yet he was in front of you (passing you).
Old Feb 10, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

thats sucks thank god u werent badly hurt .
Old Feb 10, 2008, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

damn sorry to hear

Quick Reply: Car accident