Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

JestR Tuned, Buschur Powered, Lil'Rico EVO 391HP stock turbo on pump

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to have u back man.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:22 PM
Fomer Vendor

Looks good Ruben, now upgrade that turbo like I keep telling you to do! HTA35R!!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Kerr
Looks good Ruben, now upgrade that turbo like I keep telling you to do! HTA35R!!
full race twin scroll 35r.

o crap turbo wars. lilrico get ready.

eitherway get that damn stock small p.o.s. turbo off the car and put a big boy toy on there.

HTA does rock. i have driven both. either way your going to love it. maybe you will elt me drive it when i come down for spring brake.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good job to all.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
Glad to have u back man.
Thanks bro... But you came back with a bigger BANG then I did... Mr. huge powaaaa
Originally Posted by Kerr
I know, I know, I've really gotten tired of the 16G. It is time for a bigger turbo when I get the money to do so... The 16G will be gone!!!
Originally Posted by evodan2004
full race twin scroll 35r.

o crap turbo wars. lilrico get ready.

eitherway get that damn stock small p.o.s. turbo off the car and put a big boy toy on there.

HTA does rock. i have driven both. either way your going to love it. maybe you will elt me drive it when i come down for spring brake.
^
Well said bro, that 16G was fun for like the 1st couple of weeks I owned the car, it is time to step up, since it's the only thing holding my car back from making power.

As for you driving it... Hmmmm I don't know bro, Ima have to think about that one...
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by LilRico
Thanks bro... But you came back with a bigger BANG then I did... Mr. huge powaaaa

I know, I know, I've really gotten tired of the 16G. It is time for a bigger turbo when I get the money to do so... The 16G will be gone!!!

^
Well said bro, that 16G was fun for like the 1st couple of weeks I owned the car, it is time to step up, since it's the only thing holding my car back from making power.

As for you driving it... Hmmmm I don't know bro, Ima have to think about that one...
come on. pleeeeeease. ill let you shift while i steer...

congrats man. wow a great looking/powered car
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, sick motor. You gotta pm.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Car look sgreat Ruben Very impressive list of mods. cant wait to see it once its done with the meth and you take it to the track to see some good numbers.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Wow, sick motor. You gotta pm.
PM'ed you back! Sorry it's kind of long But hope that helps!

Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
Car look sgreat Ruben Very impressive list of mods. cant wait to see it once its done with the meth and you take it to the track to see some good numbers.
Thanks Bro... I can't wait either... I did a couple of passes last Friday, with the car at full weight, full tank of gas, crap all in the back seat and what not and pulled a 12.3 @ 114.9. That was on 25PSI. I need to get a better boost controller, the one I have now is a crappy one. But yes, you're right, once the meth is in I should be in a very good # category and not just some basic modded EVO category.

Last edited by LilRico; Feb 12, 2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on getting her back. Looks hot. I am doing the same thing with my valve cover. 4ws and I should be up there soon. Keep that stock turbo in so we can have some fun.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
Congrats on getting her back. Looks hot. I am doing the same thing with my valve cover. 4ws and I should be up there soon. Keep that stock turbo in so we can have some fun.
I'll try to hold on to the stocker for a while, but I need something better to move all this weight
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
PM'ed you back! Sorry it's kind of long But hope that helps!

Thanks Bro... I can't wait either... I did a couple of passes last Friday, with the car at full weight, full tank of gas, crap all in the back seat and what not and pulled a 12.3 @ 114.9. That was on 25PSI. I need to get a better boost controller, the one I have now is a crappy one. But yes, you're right, once the meth is in I should be in a very good # category and not just some basic modded EVO category.
Hey, great pics of the engine. I love the blue look. One concern I have...12.3? in the 1/4mile? I ran a 12.5 with Buschur stage 1. I would think with the mods you have you should be a lot closer to high 11's?

I am considering a Jestr tune and also going back to Mellon tuning. I just did a stage 5 upgrade this week (just have to get the cams installed still)....but I have to decide on a tune. It would be nice if I could get both, and whomever provided the best power, and still made the car a daily driver..I could pick.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

awesome job man, I wish you nothing but the best. Thank again for your help in getting me into my Evo while deployed! Awesome numbers and setup!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gt420hp
Hey, great pics of the engine. I love the blue look. One concern I have...12.3? in the 1/4mile? I ran a 12.5 with Buschur stage 1. I would think with the mods you have you should be a lot closer to high 11's?

I am considering a Jestr tune and also going back to Mellon tuning. I just did a stage 5 upgrade this week (just have to get the cams installed still)....but I have to decide on a tune. It would be nice if I could get both, and whomever provided the best power, and still made the car a daily driver..I could pick.
Yes, I'm sure the car has the abilities to go high 11's, I just couldn't grip the ground so the best 60 ft was 1.89 when I normally do 1.70 and also, I could help the car a little if I had less gas then a full tank, 17" rims might also help. The cool thing I noticed though was that when I was at the trap, I was only at 7,200- 7,500 RPM's. Remember I got a IX, so I was worried about hitting the rev limiter at 8,000, but never came close. I missed a gear on a run and still ended up with a 114 trap speed. So I know the car is cooking...
Originally Posted by lancerMRguy
awesome job man, I wish you nothing but the best. Thank again for your help in getting me into my Evo while deployed! Awesome numbers and setup!
That's what fellow soldiers are here for! SGT Garcia at your service
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow nice!

The valve cover looks great too!

Quick Reply: JestR Tuned, Buschur Powered, Lil'Rico EVO 391HP stock turbo on pump