Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

JestR Tuned, Buschur Powered, Lil'Rico EVO 391HP stock turbo on pump

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool JestR Tuned, Buschur Powered, Lil'Rico EVO 391HP stock turbo on pump

Well, the moment of truth finally came for me to see if this car was going to make power on a stage 3 Buschur long block, and boy am I surprised how well it did. Before, on pump gas and 23 PSI, the car made 374HP and now it made 391HP on pump gas at 26 PSI on Fynetune's dyno. The motor is so damn efficient, the stock turbo just can't produce anymore power on pump. Even if I got it to spike 29 PSI with 0 knock it still didn't make no more power, but less. SOOoooo, 26 is money for me. Below are pictures of the install, dyno sheets, a video of the dyno run and lastly me at the track.

Install of Buschur's motor going in:

All the packaging that goes around the motor

Perfectly wrapped all around, took us about 20 minutes to dismantle the box, and cut open all of the wrap off of the block.. Was a pain in the butt, but Buschur always wrap and ship their products well. Heck, it was done so good, my mechanic and I both think it could have dropped out of an airplane and it would have still been fine. Not only that, they used fresh wood to crate it in. It's so nice we can make a center piece from it

You can see them do a little something to the balance shaft and see just how clean that block is

My new and improved Buschur Stage 3 head FTW!!! I fingered all the ports and they're nice and silky smooth!!!!

65mm throttle body with a ported intake manifold, also done to pure sex specs

Bolting the Exedy Twin HD with the tranny..

Everything on nice and tight

My mechanic getting everything aligned and right to drop the car on her for her new heart transplant

motor's in

Chains off, and now motor mounts to do their work

^^^^^ Here's my dyno sheet

JestR Tuned, Buschur Powered, Lil'Rico EVO on 93 pump gas on Fynetune's Dyno..
^^^^^ Here's my video. Sorry I had to make the quality a little worse, I didn't want to take huge amounts of space on the FTP server, but anyways, hope you all enjoy!

12.3 @ 114

I have to give JestR a lot of credit in creating a really fun to drive car. His tunes are always spot on, and it's wild for me to chirp, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th on such a low boosting car, its fun to drive to work . Like I always tell JestR, "it's not the power you create that surprises me, what will surprise me is the day you don't create power". You're simply the best John, and thanks so much for all the convo's!

To the Fellas at Buschur Racing... Thank you!!! I was happily served by those guys and no matter how stupid my questions were I always got a "Buschur Racing this is Jarrod or Nick" every time I called. I thank David, for personally talking to me and helping me when I had an issue. This man is so easy to talk to it, it sinks this forums crap for real. When he speaks, you listen, you can tell he's been doing this a long time and knows what to look for or how to fix it. Thankfully, he lead me to find my issue and told me personally that "He backs his products and if I had any issue's to let him know". The issue was fixed, and once again his products represent himself and his company. Thanks for staying up after hours helping me and finding time between your intake mani testing to talk to me. It is much appreciated! Jarrod and Nick, thanks for making sure I got all my parts in time and for keeping me posted on the status of everything. I thank you Jarrod, since it was you who taught me a lot about my car even before I owned a EVO. I didn't forget the stupid e-mails I sent you when I was deployed. I remember telling you that for helping me I would build a complete Buschur car, and now you see I keep my word. A few things remain, but none the less, I have gotten a lot from your shop, and I'm happy I did.. You know how many times I got screwed over before . Thanks. Also, tell Jim thanks, I got my motors and even though they 1st were going to my house instead of where my car was at, he quickly called the shippers and fixed everything and it all got there in time. So Buschur Racing as a whole, thanks...

Mitsutech56, thanks for putting my car back together. Every bolt and nut went where it was supposed to go, and I'm glad everything came out the way it did. I thank you for checking and double checking to make sure my car wasn't leaking after it went back together... Thanks for coming with your wife to the track to watch me run, means a lot to me to see you come and watch something you helped create. You'll be seeing more of me for a very long time come!!!

Before everyone ask, here's my list of mods:
*JestR Tuning Custom M3 ECU Tune
*Buschur Racing Stage 3 Cylinder Head
*Buschur Racing Stage 3 2.0 ShortBlock
*Buschur Racing Evolution Kevlar Timing Belt
*Buschur Racing Race FMIC
*Buschur Racing Race FMIC Lower Pipe
*Buschur Racing Race FMIC Upper Pipe
*Buschur Racing 3" Turboback Exhaust
*Buschur Racing Double Pumper Fuel System (Standard Walbro)
*Buschur Racing Ported Intake Manifold
*Buschur Racing Throttle body (65mm)
*Buschur Racing Polyurethane Motor Mounts
*Buschur Racing Mini Battery Kit
*Buschur Racing Intake w/ Filter kit
*GReddy Profec B Boost Controller -Spec 2
*Forge Recirc - BOV
*Forge High Boost Wastegate Actuator
*Cossworth 272 M2 Cams
*Snow Performance Meth kit - Meth switch was off for pump test since I'm braking the motor in on the dyno
*Exedy Twin HD clutch
*Braided S.S. Clutchline
*K&N Breather Filter
*Buschur Racing Spark Plug Cover

Coming up next is 50/50 METH BABY!!!
My numbers before were 415HP/ 434TQ at 29.6 PSI, time to turn the pumps on and see what JestR can do!!

Last edited by LilRico; Jun 20, 2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Updating links to new FTP server
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Buschur Racing Parts and wrenching done by Mitsutech56 makes my job a lot easier.

Congratulations on the current level of performance.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Thats great. Everything looks awesome. I am glad you are happy with it and now it is time to get the training turbo off and step up.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nick@Buschurs
Thats great. Everything looks awesome. I am glad you are happy with it and now it is time to get the training turbo off and step up.
I agree... I'm done with the 16G, but 1st I want to see what it does maxed out on my car.... Most defiantly want something around the HTA35R or HTA37R (depending on the results Dave gets), and good thing is I know exactly where to get it from
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

NICE!!!!! Congrats on the car, I bet it's a blast to drive.

Can't go wrong with Buschur or Jestr!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

^ Thanks.... It is fun driving it on the highway... You see a clean spot, step on the gas for 2 seconds, and bam your in it..... Step on it for more then 5, then you loss everyone and wonder if any of them was a cop..
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ahhh i want one haha
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Congrats amigo Wow, that is pretty much my build with the exception of a few minor differences. Heck, I just picked up a set of Volk LE37T in Gunmetal as well My project started with a simple PM to Dave Buschur while I was in Iraq too . I think we need to hang out brother Awesome build!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLVRNBLK
Congrats amigo Wow, that is pretty much my build with the exception of a few minor differences. Heck, I just picked up a set of Volk LE37T in Gunmetal as well My project started with a simple PM to Dave Buschur while I was in Iraq too . I think we need to hang out brother Awesome build!
We sure need too... I'll buy you a while you teach me to clean my engine bay like yours Deal?
Old Feb 12, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

nice congrats!!!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stop making us look bad... lol

Looks sick man! Love the touch on the valve cover!

powa! powa! powa!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4WS@TopLevelAuto
Stop making us look bad... lol

Looks sick man! Love the touch on the valve cover!

powa! powa! powa!
I'm not making you look bad, common now, you know you're good at what you do
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wow.

i dont know what else to say.

o wait. congrats on everything. you have A+++++ tuner and some A+++++parts.

john rules the world
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LilRico
I'm not making you look bad, common now, you know you're good at what you do

youre car just looks amazing lol its the perfect car... I know youve been waiting a long time, but youre done!

My cars sold... so yea....
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Dan, we both got a lot in common .

And 4WS, I know you're looking into a X, so I'm sure you'll be passing me soon enough

Quick Reply: JestR Tuned, Buschur Powered, Lil'Rico EVO 391HP stock turbo on pump