Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

boost stops at 10lbs????? need quick help..thanks!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
boost stops at 10lbs????? need quick help..thanks!

ok... quick backround....

bought a bunch of parts to install (catback, downpipe, fuel pump, header, o2 housing, forge MBC)... installed everything... then car wouldnt start... spent hours trying to figure it out, so we fiddled with the only 2 things we could think of the MBC and the fuel pump..... it ended up being the fuel pump

BUT, when i installed the MBC, i had no intentions of re-installing all the factory equipment.but jut to eliminate it as a possibility, i reinstalled the factory stuff. so i had to guess which line went to which port on the wastegate actuator.... i put the one that goes to the turbo and wastegate in the closest port to the front of the car, and the one that goes to the TID on the one closest to the firewall..... was this backwards? im assuming it is because i have 3/4 bar of boost instead of 1 1/4 bar.....

and i know alot will just say to re-install the MBC, and i am going to on my next day off, but untill then, i just wanna make sure if i crossed the lines or not??

Last edited by vipers; Feb 12, 2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it sounds like the turbo is completely running off wastegate pressure like there isn't any MBC or boost solenoid hooked up.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, something isn't right there. Just swap the two hoses on the solenoid. Only thing is, I think one has a pill inside it...so you may have to swap them on the turbo outlet/wastegate too. It def. sounds like that's your problem. If i'm not mistaken. Our wastegate pressure is 12psi. Don't sweat it, It's an easy fix. I would be concerned if you were over boosting like a ****...g/l
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
where is the pill at on the line?