Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Finally the pining is over picked up my EVO last Thursday.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2003, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally the pining is over picked up my EVO last Thursday.

Well, I still can’t believe that the Japanese gave us this car. It amazing in every way. All I can say is DAM!! This car is well over my driving ability. I have never said that about any car I have owed (95 M3,99 mz3, 2002 WRX).

Good stuff,, Power,
Little laggy, Lots of top end very easy to drive around town under vacume, plenty of cursing power. Loves to Rev. Even with the AC on does not feel like a lot of power is lost.

Tranny:
Direct, perfectly spaced gears (never in the wrong gear felling) little notch love that. A lot of gear wine (love that sound). Loud tranny!! Does not bother me one bit.

Handling:
Stiff, razor sharp, Very stiff chassis. Well above me abilities in driving.

Brakes:
Did not really get on them yet so I can’t comment of fad or pedal feel yet when they get heated.

All in All I’m very happy that I got this over any other car on the market. I hope that this becomes a success here in the US because I would love to be able to pick up a second one in a few years.

Price 500.00 over invoice Totowa NJ route 46. Ask for Edwin tell him Eric Lyublinsky sent ya.

15 in stock all wing no wing roofs no roofs....

My Best
Thanks for reading
Eric
Old Jul 28, 2003, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Congratulations Eric!!

Now bring that bad boy over and gimme a ride.

I'm surprised you got it in Totowa, everytime I deal with any of those dealers on 46, they just **** me off. I don't go there any more.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 2literv8eater
Congratulations Eric!!

Now bring that bad boy over and gimme a ride.

I'm surprised you got it in Totowa, everytime I deal with any of those dealers on 46, they just **** me off. I don't go there any more.
Ya I don't let anyone got to me so a dealer is a dealer to me. They can lick my *** I will just leave. go on to the next. If I can't get it for what I think is fare I just don't and wait until I can.

Thanks, Your in Verona all the time just PM when your around and I will give you ride.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats!!! Now I know somewhere closer than Tennesse to go get my evo under MSRP!

Old Jul 28, 2003, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats, Eric...Tarmac Black rules!!!

Last edited by NOVA EVO; Jul 30, 2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you do not mind me asking, what did they say invoice was (I have heard some different numbers) and what was your price out the door with TT&L? I need some ammo for my end of the month dealings! Also how optioned, roof or no and what wing?
Old Jul 28, 2003, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by joeycoates
If you do not mind me asking, what did they say invoice was (I have heard some different numbers) and what was your price out the door with TT&L? I need some ammo for my end of the month dealings! Also how optioned, roof or no and what wing?
28,200 was my price. Wing and ROOF...

Get the ROOF very nice!
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Congradulations! I wish I would have waited another week and went with you to Totowa! I actually, was about to buy one with no roof for $29,000 (with an excellent financing rate), but they called me back to tell me it was already sold (anyone buy a Rally Red with no roof there about 2 weeks ago??). If, I end up trading up for a subsequent EVO generation, I think I need to talk to you.

Actually, for anyone who has NOT bought an EVO (or will buy any car in the future for that matter), I'd strongly suggest getting a few people together and going to one dealer (especially a larger one) and negotiating as a group. I guarantee, you will get a lower price than if you went alone. Corporations do this all the time, bulk purchases usually yield lower prices.

I've put a little over 600 miles on mine and concur with your assessment. I've been very easy on it (only gone up to 3,500 rpms and gradually building up), but the car is phenominal. I didn't buy this car for the acceleration (though. it still puts a big on my face), but for the handling and driving dynamics (steering feel, gearing, etc.) and its amazing. The quick-steering is awesome. I've done a quick, one hand swerve and avoid manuever a few times for roadkills and potholes and it just amazes me. I just got to remember that I'm not in my EVO when I drive my beater.

Hell, the gas mileage isn't even that bad when you drive it easy, which is not hard to do when just cruising around town (24-26 MPG so far with long warm-ups and cool downs). I'd like to see a sixth gear for highway cruising, but I bet that'll come with the EVO IX along with additional power to keep the fuel economy close to the VIII.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:05 AM

Healy Mitsu in Goshen NY has evos at MSRP. Got my OZ there, and couldn't be happier. Also, the service manager there said if I get ANY aftermarket parts and have them install them they'll be covered under my warranty. Finally, a dealership I don't hate.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Eric do you mean $29,200 or $28,200 because $28,200 is lower than invoice on an EVO with a sunroof and wing. I thought invoice with destination, sunroof & wing was 28,860 and without sunroof and wing 27,789. How on earth did you get below invoice?!
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by SPANKED
Eric do you mean $29,200 or $28,200 because $28,200 is lower than invoice on an EVO with a sunroof and wing. I thought invoice with destination, sunroof & wing was 28,860 and without sunroof and wing 27,789. How on earth did you get below invoice?!
No it was 28 and change. Of the top of my head I don't rember what the change was.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Well you said $500 over invoice and if invoice is $28,860, $500 over is $29,360. If you got it for 28,200 then you got it well below invoice?!
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Eric ... where are the dam pics
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by SPANKED
Well you said $500 over invoice and if invoice is $28,860, $500 over is $29,360. If you got it for 28,200 then you got it well below invoice?!
Oops sorry just look at My dealer write up 28,725.00. I think the invoice was like 28,200 roof and wing.

Hope this helps
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

congrats...

Quick Reply: Finally the pining is over picked up my EVO last Thursday.