Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question for next upgrade path.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2008, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for next upgrade path.

I haven't been to the boards in well over a year do to busy schedual and other logistics thus results in no news updates with the Evo. As she sits now, I have full race turbo kit with 30r, hks cams (272) no cat full exhaust and vishnu's xede, exedy triple carbon clutch. (not to mention all the little goodies that piece the basics together. Tuned it at 400awhp on dyno dynamics with a crappy aps bov that was leaking.

Well it just so happens I have been saving my pennies and want to get my car some new toys. The problem is I haven't the time to sit and do all the needed R&D to see whats out there in the last year to year and half. My thoughts, and would love some feed back listed below.

I am going to be doing things slowly because I don't want to go and blow all my cash in one big sweep and bear in mind this is just side cash I saved over the last year from change and what not. I have a good 3k to blow on something...

My goal: Keep my full race mani and as much of the other goodies that I can reuse and move forward.

I would like to go with a 2.3l gt37r (street monster)..

Suggested ideas: Start with going stand alone? AMS most likely?
Go to stroker after that (not sure what best bang for buck is anymore)
Then to head work (if not at the same time as stroker)
Then get the bigger snail last.. (also count in the little goodies that go along with each step of my upgrade)

Anyways thats the basic battle idea, I wish I had more time to R&D my own question but with my 60 to 65+ hours a week and workouts I have little time to cruse the net. Any and all suggestions are welcome, flame suit is on as im sure I will get slapped for such a broad question.

Last edited by EidolaDream; Feb 15, 2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 08:16 AM
Account Disabled

you need more money
Old Feb 15, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eckorex
you need more money
Not when going one step at a time.. Thats just cash I had saved from change over a year.. I got the money to do it all at once but would rather take my time with her.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Call Buschur racing or AMS and they'll walk you through the steps needed. A turbo kit might be a good idea in your case. Standalone first wouldn't hurt. AEM standalone or F-CON are excellent units.

If you install a stroker kit with a stock turbo, you'll become spoiled with the spool rate.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:16 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Burklow
Call Buschur racing or AMS and they'll walk you through the steps needed. A turbo kit might be a good idea in your case. Standalone first wouldn't hurt. AEM standalone or F-CON are excellent units.

If you install a stroker kit with a stock turbo, you'll become spoiled with the spool rate.
if you read his post, you would see he already has a 30r turbo
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eckorex
if you read his post, you would see he already has a 30r turbo
haha my bad. Well in that case, he already has a flanged manifold and needs less parts for a 37R to run. Full race makes bulletproof manifolds.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Alky!!!!