Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need the EVO communities opinion..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see at least 3 corvettes a day, its absolutely rediculous.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
unfortunately i see that many evo's a day ... i use to be special lol

but i do see about 20 vettes a day so i guess that is better
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

i am sure you know the pros and cons for both car, all the things they said, I am sure you know, such as evo is beter DD, blah.... you just have to think about it, personally i wont buy american made sports car
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Man, so many things to comment on here. Let’s see…
Originally Posted by chuckbyu
What are you going for in driving experience? This is something you have to decide. The Z06 is faster, handles better, and is sportier.
The first part is an excellent question. The second, is horribly wrong. An ’02 (read OP again…) is not going to be faster and handle better than an ’06 IX, trust me from experience, an ’06 Z06 is a different story, but is MUCH better set-up than an ’02, not to mention the extra 100 hp. And any sports coupe will feel sportier than the Evo.

As to the commonality of the Corvette and the rarity of the Evo. Its reversed here: I see WAY more Evos than I do ‘vettes. Probably due to the weather conditions here.

Originally Posted by awd_ftw
Also. Vette is a 2 door, 2 seat, v8, RWD with big insurance.
Evo is 4 door, 5 seat, 4cyl-t, AWD with not as big insurance.
Again, failure to read the OP: “The corvette is cheaper for me on insurance” Which, makes total sense, an ’06 C6 was cheaper for insurance for me than the Evo, and the Porsche is only 9 more a month than the Evo.

Lastly:
Originally Posted by mn_vette
Trunk space is actually about the same in the evo vs the z06.

8.) And finally, what kind of image do you want to portray. The Corvette says style and speed to most people. The evo on the other hand says more of a highschool ricer image. I'm not trying to get flamed, but MOST people see it as something kids would be driving. It helps if you pull the wing off the back though. I think the vette would earn a bit more respect from people in general and would be less looked down upon.
First: They have decent trunk space, but nothing like the Evo’s plus like you already said, the Evo has the extra seats.

While everything I removed was also a good point, I just wanna say #8 is a VERY good point, and should be a very important thing to consider.

IMO: If the weather never gets snowy where you’re at (I assume it doesn’t in Cali, but it might). I would get the ‘Vette hands down. As I've said on the other Vette/Evo threads: If it weren't for the snow here, I'd be in a red 2007 C6 right now. But I decided I wanted to live to see Christmas this year
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posting this pic never gets old.

Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

zo6 if u wanna PWN! noobs on the high way
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evo

Save the Vette for your midlife crisis.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

this is my 2 cents but i want something that fewer people have. if you drive for 6 blocks i gaurantee you will see more corvettes than EVO's. do what you heart says and your heart says "BUY A DAMN EVO LIKE A REAL MAN" Thats not me saying it its your heart......
Old Feb 18, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigric09
Handles better ?

Tell that to the guy in the vette with suspension mods trying to keep up with me on a windy road...

damn guy followed me all the way to Taco Bell just to ask me what the hell i had done to my car to make it so fast and handle the way it does. His face was priceless when i said i only had lowering springs, and a 4 cyl. He even went on to tell me about how he regularly takes his car to a suspension guy to dial the car into the way he drives.
Then he probably drove a stock C5. Sorry, a C5 Z06 outhandles a stock Evo.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In chico i never see any vettes but about 7-10 evos......all of the people who owns evos here are 16-22 years of age and are dip ****s.... I know alot of people with evos and have worked on alot of them myself......They are an amazing car......but the ZO6 just feels more at home for me.....i am an American muscle kinda guy..... Hell my 68 camaro has a 496 with 700+ hp. It is one hell of a car. I have always wanted an EVO.....hell i may even get them both i dont know..... I am married with no kids so 4 door/2 door doesn't matter to me.....my wife will never drive my cars... I do appreciate the opinions...keep them coming..... Maybe if i take an evo to the track over here at SCCA Thunderhill i may change my mind and get the EVO first....
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SSP-Ralliart
In chico i never see any vettes but about 7-10 evos......all of the people who owns evos here are 16-22 years of age and are dip ****s.... I know alot of people with evos and have worked on alot of them myself......They are an amazing car......but the ZO6 just feels more at home for me.....i am an American muscle kinda guy..... Hell my 68 camaro has a 496 with 700+ hp. It is one hell of a car. I have always wanted an EVO.....hell i may even get them both i dont know..... I am married with no kids so 4 door/2 door doesn't matter to me.....my wife will never drive my cars... I do appreciate the opinions...keep them coming..... Maybe if i take an evo to the track over here at SCCA Thunderhill i may change my mind and get the EVO first....
I'm a big domestic muscle guy at heart as well. What drove me towards the Evo was that I needed a car I could drive year-round. Despite my background, I absolutely love my car - and that Camaro would give you all the low-end grunt you could ever need
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:14 PM

For a daily driver I would NEVER consider a vette, of course I live in a place where 500+ inches of snow falls per year. I see that you live in Chico where snow almost never happens. Since you already have your American muscle car, why not get the evo and have the best of both worlds?
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have a friend who daily drove his 01 zo6 and that thing was a hoopty. door trim rattles, loose feeling steering, ALOT of power on hand at all times. he ended up trading for an 05 c6. it is apples to oranges. if you love chevys, you wont mind the typical gm stuff at higher mileages. just fix em. the evo, without being biased, is the better all around car, 4 doors, and some power. AWD is very handy @ times. they are both great cars, i would choose the evo every time but, it's your call! good luck.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 72Tornado
Then he probably drove a stock C5. Sorry, a C5 Z06 outhandles a stock Evo.
I believe that the person driving is a huge handling factor imo..and op should def. get an evo
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Remixx02

Posting this pic never gets old.

hahaahaha PRICELESS

i would get the evo, because i am a big guy and its easier to get into an evo than a vette IMO.

Last edited by jebus27; Feb 18, 2008 at 11:26 PM.