Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need the EVO communities opinion..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need the EVO communities opinion..

Ok this is what i have going...... both cars are 25k..... First is a Tarmac Black ZO6 corvette 2002 with all the goodies...its a coupe.....has header back exhaust, SLP intake system...etc......the Other is a 2006 EVO IX SE Tarmac Black with HKS exhaust, JDM rear bumper. What do you think i should go for? The corvette is cheaper for me on insurance but both are a blast to test drive......i am undesided... Need some good EVO drivers input to try and make my mind...
Old Feb 17, 2008, 08:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I owned a 07 vette and an 05 evo and they are two totally different cars...hard to even compare them...for me if i had sunny weather all the time the vette would be very tempting but the evo is just a blast to drive any time of the year...
Old Feb 17, 2008, 08:22 PM

well if you woke up tomorrow and one of the two were sittng outside your house which would make you happier haha
Old Feb 17, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

I understand that....I plan on having one of them be my DD....... just need some help thats all....
Old Feb 17, 2008, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know which would make me happier.....never owned a AWD car and never owned a vette...... I have a 68 camaro but that is way different.....
Old Feb 17, 2008, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

What are you going for in driving experience? The Z06 and the Evo are nothing alike really. You don't really need an outside opinion. This is something you have to decide. The Z06 is faster, handles better, and is sportier. The evo has AWD, 4 doors, and a trunk. If you want a 2 door sports car get the corvette. If you want a 4 door rally car get the Evo. No one on this forun though can tell you what YOU want. Only you can. Good luck with the decision. Both cars are incredible and fun in their own element!
Old Feb 17, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

yup i agree with that. i live in new england so its an easy decision for me out here. both can be extrodinary vehicles if u have the money. id go for the evo though.. theres just something about the feeling of a turbo that can't be matched.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
If it will be your DD then Evo for sure, no doubt about it. As a weekend fun car I'd take the Vette though. I owned an S2000 before my Evo which was an awesome car; insanely fun to drive WHEN the weather was perfect, but the Evo is way more practical and more fun 95% of the time. I think the Vette would be very similar to the S2k...great as a weekend car but gets tiring and bothersome as a daily driver.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Handles better ?

Tell that to the guy in the vette with suspension mods trying to keep up with me on a windy road...

damn guy followed me all the way to Taco Bell just to ask me what the hell i had done to my car to make it so fast and handle the way it does. His face was priceless when i said i only had lowering springs, and a 4 cyl. He even went on to tell me about how he regularly takes his car to a suspension guy to dial the car into the way he drives.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

i would rather have the vette.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

What do you like more, low end torque, or high revving power?

I would love a Z06 as my daily, and my evo as the weekend warrior

I love the low end of a v8, but for all out power, I go to the 4 banger with the big turbo
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't take any vette over my evo just my .02 I had some guy talkin about vettes and how his stock 04 base coupe would destroy me, blah blah blah. sorry for goin
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:27 AM

I own a Corvette and I'm looking into buying an evo as an additional car. Here's a few questions to ask yourself.

1.) Do you have snow where you are at in CA? Corvettes do not handle well in the snow, especially in city driving. They do ok in the rain as long as you aren't racing it.

2.) Do you care about the luxury items? The Vette comes standard with alot of nice "luxury" items that the evo doesn't have. Power seats, auto climate control, HUD(sometimes), nice leather, smoother ride.

3.) Do you and a bunch of friends go places? Having 4 Doors Helps alot with moving people. There have been several times for me that I couldn't drive because I didn't have the seating in the vette.

Trunk space is actually about the same in the evo vs the z06.

4.) Are you going to be drag racing the car? Light to light playing or anything like that? The AWD in the Evo helps a great deal with launching especially on the street.

5.) Are you going to mod the engine and make this a high horsepower beast??
If so I would say go with the z06. If you plan on spending $5-10k in horsepower mods you can go with forced induction on the Z06 and you will be at 500+WHP with a bolt on kit ON PUMP GAS. The evo might be able to do it for close to the same amount of money, but not on pump gas.

6.) How rare of a car do you want to own? Around here there are only a hand full of evos and a bunch of corvettes. I'm guessing its that way most places. The evo is a bit more rare.

7.) Are you going to be selling the car in the next few years? If so resale if going to be a big thing. I believe the evo will hold its value better if well taken care of. And it will be easier to sell since there are less of them out there to buy.

8.) And finally, what kind of image do you want to portray. The Corvette says style and speed to most people. The evo on the other hand says more of a highschool ricer image. I'm not trying to get flamed, but MOST people see it as something kids would be driving. It helps if you pull the wing off the back though. I think the vette would earn a bit more respect from people in general and would be less looked down upon.

If I had to choose, these are the things that I would be considering. Good luck in your decision.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, the Z06 will get better gas mileage on the highway and has cruise control. In the city I'm betting the milage is about the same.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:40 AM
Former Sponsor

evos have more space, and are a more realistic dd imo
Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

apples to oranges... but IMO , coming from RWD and FWD cars and the Evo being my first AWD. I will NEVER go back to either. AWD is far too superior to both in any element on any day. Rain, snow, sleet, dusty road, dirt road, asphalt...AWD owns all day. Neither compare in saftey, fun or performance IMO.
Also. Vette is a 2 door, 2 seat, v8, RWD with big insurance.
Evo is 4 door, 5 seat, 4cyl-t, AWD with not as big insurance.

Both are too different to compare rather than contrast.