Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

WOWWW!!! Thank you news lady

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually if we didn't have street racing at all the market for our import cars would be alot different then it is today, sadly it's the truth, that and the fact that street racing is older than anyone on this board.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

lol they uploaded videos off the internet to speculate on them and the beginning shows the American gum ball ok ya because we all drive our Lamborghini's so fast during our rush hour racing.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lame but that's life , life sucks for some of us
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by W_evo8
urrrghhh crap like this is gonna end up making me take my beautiful wing off.
lol +1

She said 100 people die a year from street racing in california...how many people die a year from smoking tobacco...stop *****in about racing and focus on something more important.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

...and there'd be no nascar without moonshine

I don't care about streetracing cause i live in the country where there isn't any organized stuff going on. We have our fair share of idiots though; youngins sprinting through the towns wrecking and killing innocent pedestrians. Actually we have more semi's skipping highway scales running redlights and killing more people than streetracing.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
lol yeah I wouldn't advise driving with headphones on...

you drive an evo, drop some cash on a headunit with ipod support.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Jesus christ, why in the world are u wearing head phones while your driving, the cop should of gave u a ticket for that. An street racing is street racing, its always gonna be there, but the smart way to race is at a track, and kids wont realize that untill its to late
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

So street racing is illegal and hazardous, we all get that. Point made. Now, what about profiling?! Being pulled over to be asked if we are street racers because of the type of vehicle we're driving, that is just plain harassment as far as I see it. Last I checked, profiling was illegal.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tmac1524
lol +1

She said 100 people die a year from street racing in california...how many people die a year from smoking tobacco...stop *****in about racing and focus on something more important.
well one could debate that smoking usually involves harming oneself rather street racing has the greater potential to do more damage i.e. spectators or innocent law abidding citizens. Second hand smoke ,although can be deadly, is not going to kill you with short term exposure versus a car race gone bad can destroy your life without it meaning literally.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by importjake00
Jesus christ, why in the world are u wearing head phones while your driving, the cop should of gave u a ticket for that. An street racing is street racing, its always gonna be there, but the smart way to race is at a track, and kids wont realize that untill its to late
^

Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_domination
So street racing is illegal and hazardous, we all get that. Point made. Now, what about profiling?! Being pulled over to be asked if we are street racers because of the type of vehicle we're driving, that is just plain harassment as far as I see it. Last I checked, profiling was illegal.
+1

I was about to say you should do something about that cop pulling you over just to ask you if your a damn street racer just because of what kind of car you drive. Then again, you were wearing headphones so they would just get you for that. If it wasn't for that, I would have pressed charges for profiling because that is an illegal stop
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

the last cop that pulled me over asked me "what do you got done to this thing" to which I replied, "not much, but I'm on my way to bishop motorsports about .5 mi up the road to get some mods installed... so you'll probably want to pull me over then"

...he laughed. Good cop, gave me a warning I deserved. My LY Evo attracts attention, as do most evos. Some cop who doesn't know cars sees a huge wing and fat exhaust tip on a small four-door probably (in their mind) feels justified pulling you over.

Again, just obey the limits and you won't have any real problems.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:22 PM
Account Disabled

"underground cell phone texting networks"

LMAO
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Just realize that you do not have to be intelligent to report the news. They prove that time and time again.

100 people dying a year is a tragedy for sure. But how many people die from falling asleep at the wheel, drunk driving or just not driving in any kind of intelligent manner like plowing through 35 ft of fence line only 20 ft from a stop sign and blaming it on looking down for a shirt while. We give license out like its a God given right. Their needs to be an IQ test when trying to get a drivers license. Maybe then I wont treat every other driver on the road like they are the biggest moron in the world.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why were you wearing headphones? You know THAT is just cause to pull you over.