Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo owners

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like it better w an evo kit than w a outrageous body-kit. However i am not a fan of the wing 2 much, car looks 2 skinny for a big wing.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

it doesn't bother me but sometimes is funny.... I had a guy come up to me and say wow what kinda car is that? i said it is an evo. he goes no it isn't my buddy has one it is over here. i go over and said oh um i think that would be a lancer. he said no no he said ask my buddy. man the humility of addmitting to your friend your car isn't what you told him.

that would be one of the FUNNIEST things i have seen in person in a long time.

His Lancer ES had an evo wing, chrome tails, evolution badge, carbon hood, body kit, graphix galore, hid's and 16" wheels.

STevo

Last edited by fmly evo; Feb 19, 2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:43 AM

It's kind of a mixed bag for me. I used to own a 2004 Lancer ES, and always wanted an Evo. But I never can afford it until recently. My old Lancer was dropped on Sprint Springs, with Bronze 17 rims, and Injen cold air intake. I traded my ES for the Evo.

I always said "I wanted an Evo but couldn't afford it, for now I'll fix the ES up" but never did I say, "I want my ES to look like an EVO." I respect where its coming from, but to fix it up identical to an Evo is sort of 'poser-status.'

The Lancer ES is a very solid, reliable commuter car, but it is slow as hell. As long as enthusiasts have this in mind by not doing riduculous things such as lancer spoiler, 4 lug-Enkei, Evo hood, Eye-lids. It's fine by me.

See attached of old and new cars.
Attached Thumbnails evo owners-xxxx.jpg   evo owners-xxxxxx.jpg   evo owners-evo_xx.jpg  
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know why anyone would want to fix up a lancer when you could just get a GSX or something same thing as the evo just looks different.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It doesn't make sense to me. But I'm certainly not upset about it. To each his own. Too much bashing is going on in the forums these days. If you don't like someones ride it is totally unnecessary and immature to insult them.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:22 AM
Account Disabled

I can understand, I have both an evo and an 02 lancer oz rally. I wanted to make it into an evo, but when I realized how much money it was going to cost, I said forget it, I'll just buy it.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

I had a lancer all decked out with Evo crap roll up on me the other day. They revved it up real high, & dropped the clutch even while driving at 40mph. I just considered them a bunch of idiots & didnt give them a pleasure of hearing my turbo spool.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

i say let people do what they want, when they roll up next to u, smoke them lol.

We have one it town called the red dragon- looks like vommit
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by W_evo8
I don't know why anyone would want to fix up a lancer when you could just get a GSX or something same thing as the evo just looks different.
For me, personally, it wasn't a matter of being fast at the time as my son was just born. I just needed a reliable, 4-door. So a drop and an air-intake is hardly 'fixing up.' When he got older was when I decided go with the Evo.

But even in my Lancer, I was low-key. Not the type to floor it from city to city, thinking I was really fast. It's one thing to have a slow car, and try to emulate a faster car. But it's another thing to have a slow car, and try to DRIVE it like a fast car. I left that to the ricers with their 'Type R' emblems on everything they owned.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:10 AM

HATE is such a strong word... One this world could do without.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

I think it is entertaining to see what some people spend their money on. If they like their car than that is what matters. I have seen some nice looking lancers, but they weren't over the top though. It doesn't bother me to see someone trying to mock an evo. IMO, the stupidity is when they think it'll out perform a real evo. But, oh well.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

If you're looking for a status symbol go buy a lexus. Otherwise who cares. TTIG
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

It doesnt bother me it confuses me. To spend money on a lancer then dump a lot of money to make it look like an evo then turbo charge it, just buy an evo. I understand if you bought a lancer because you couldnt afford an evo but if you are gonna spend a ton of money making it fast or whatever save and just buy an evo. Its fast stock.

What pisses me off is when lancer drivers pretend there car is an evo. I have seen regular lancers with evo badges! Both instances these cars have tried to race me.

There is a difference with making your car look like an evo and saying its a lancer and owning a lancer and calling it an evo.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i have gotten a thumbs down from a want to be look alike and so now i dont care how good it looks because its stupid