Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo owners

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=fox2boost;5302489]it kinda makes me mad when my girl says hey look an evo and it just a riced out lancer[/QUOTE

generally speaking, i would say 9 out of 10 girls will not know what an evo is or looks like. i don't know about you guys but i turn mostly guys heads which is expected heh.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
there are a few riced out lancers out there...but y the hell does it bother u so much to begin with?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

I grew up in a town that breathes muscle (Mustangs, TA's, Camaros) and to have a couple of lancers driving around with evo wings on them makes us all look bad, but hey people confuse my car as a lancer and thats how i get more races and more races = more money :-)
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

it all depends on taste, when i had my 04 lancer, it was tatsefully modded just a drop and rims, nice system and some tints....i never wanted it to look like an evo, but thats some peoples thing...and there is an orange turbo'd oz on here that looks phenominal...if they can afford the paint and kits let them do that, maybe they dont want an evo.

than you have some evos out there, that want to chang the interior,,oo i want m3 seats and this and that...who cares really, you customize the car the way you want to..
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdmrally
I grew up in a town that breathes muscle (Mustangs, TA's, Camaros) and to have a couple of lancers driving around with evo wings on them makes us all look bad, but hey people confuse my car as a lancer and thats how i get more races and more races = more money :-)

same here bro i agree with that...and as is true with the ricy honda's here they gave my crx a bad name...i had a nice crx....but that was just my opinion...maybe not to others...my was all go no show it looked like crap but i truely think that i would have kept up with my evo
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Everyone has their own opinion. Some may like it some may not. Yes some lancer owners may ruin their car with not so tasteful mods and some may make the car look very clean and tasteful. I personally like my lancer and would not right now want to spend the money on a new evo and all the annoyances that come with it. Expensive parts, very high profiling, and to top it off some of the worst insurance rates I have every seen!!! With the cost of my car, turbo, paint, body kit, rims, and some other parts here and there I have only spent about $17k or so total. Below are pics of my car, like it or hate it, it keeps me content.

Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrackerJackToy
I had a lancer all decked out with Evo crap roll up on me the other day. They revved it up real high, & dropped the clutch even while driving at 40mph. I just considered them a bunch of idiots & didnt give them a pleasure of hearing my turbo spool.
Was this the silver one? Theres one rolling around here who just bought an evo front clip to do a conversion... and will be putting a stock intercooler up front thats not hooked up to anything "Only for looks." Guy stopped me in traffic asking to buy my wheels.

Theres also a neon rolling around here with full Srt-4 stuff as well and is a base neon....
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

I just don't appreciate other people confusing the evo w/ a regular lancer. A friend at work tells me he beat an evo easy since it was so slow. Come to find out, it was some guy in a riced-out lancer.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

It's their car, and money, let them do what they want with their car. I am sure there are V8 people out there that say the same thing about the evo. Why would you spend so much money on a 4 banger. Everyone is different.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

I dont mind riced out lancer's, It's when your driving your evo and they see you all they wanna do is rev at you and try to race like that exhaust and intake gave them 150hp or something.

I never seen a riced out subaru impreza trying to look like an STI, but i have seen WRX's try

Last edited by billyblonco; Feb 19, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evodreamer28
Everyone has their own opinion. Some may like it some may not. Yes some lancer owners may ruin their car with not so tasteful mods and some may make the car look very clean and tasteful. I personally like my lancer and would not right now want to spend the money on a new evo and all the annoyances that come with it. Expensive parts, very high profiling, and to top it off some of the worst insurance rates I have every seen!!! With the cost of my car, turbo, paint, body kit, rims, and some other parts here and there I have only spent about $17k or so total. Below are pics of my car, like it or hate it, it keeps me content.

thats great maybe i should make myself more clear...it's the ricey ones who get to me...nice lancer. it doesnt seem that your tr ying to coping nething but make your own turbo car thats kick *** in my book...all power to you man
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who really cares if someone wants to make a lancer look like an evo.Its not like you are paying their car note and paying for their mods.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDMCT9MR
Who really cares if someone wants to make a lancer look like an evo.Its not like you are paying their car note and paying for their mods.
no your right but it's the ones so make us look bad and then we lose credablity with our local drag strip and the people who go there wether or not i or any evo own drags...whether or not we run a good time
" in a calm nice tone" its the ricey people who give our socitey the bad view..personally i'm sick of it. im not saying there isnt any nice lancers out there. it goes for lancers, evo's, honda...etc. who rice their cars out and give me and you a bad name. i came from a muscle car fam...i believe in function over form...thats just me though. and all these new laws about how loud your exhuast is...the general steriotype comes from the ricers and some rebilous tuners...i'm not bashing lancers its all the people who rice their car. no it's not my choice of what they do to there car..but ill be damned if i lose my right of modifying my cars because some dumb kids ruin it for the all of of...

Last edited by evo_man_06; Feb 19, 2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think we would lose any face if a lancer made to look like an evo showed up at the dragstrip with real evo's.Anyone who knows or likes an EVO would be able to tell the difference between a lancer and an EVO.As Im sure you are like all EVO owners and are very proud to have an EVO but its always cool to be respectful of others who have different cars or maybe they make their lancer look like and EVO because they just can't afford one.But you are entitled to your opinion man.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_man_06
if it's "ghey" then why did you post
Cuz I was bored and have nothing else to do during class