Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo owners

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my 02cents about this is that everything comes from something and there always will be a copy of it so for ie replica bumpers so i think that let ppl do what they like n thas it... I hope that made sense
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:21 PM
Former Vendor

Do as I do, make your own parts, and install train horns on your car. No one copied me yet.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I don't know.... It really doesn't bother me, but then I give them a weird look when they tell me how much they spent on paint, body kits, wheels, and wing, when they could just have went and bought an EVO in the first place.... All you have to do is save money....
Amen +1
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_man_06
how do you guys that own evo's feel when someone with a lancer try's to make there car look like your's...personal i strongly dislike it.... what all do you think abou that. my wife thinks i should be flattered...but it just makes me so un easy..........thats my roids speaking...i just had back surgery last week....ok so i doest make me mad i just dont under stand it. yeah you guys r right...

I agreed with your wife: IT'S FLATTERING! When you get older, you'll understand it. Peace.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by ducker
Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery.
True but, imitation is a lesser form of an exact copy.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

There is a guy in my town with a black lancer, wheels, bodykit, the works. It looks like a F&F Evo, but it is probably his passion and I bet he would be just as heartbroken if something happen to it as I would be if something happened to my baby.

...But I do usually park next to him.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Let them do what they want with there money but maybe some day they will save some money and buy the real thing
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:34 PM

Theres an yellow "evo" in my town always revving around town...i dont think he liked it very much when i kinda sailed past him one day lol
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

It only bothers me when the kid in high school with a lancer and a wannabe Evo kit thinks his car is as fast as my Evo... Good times... "I could totally beat Jake, if his car was full and mine was empty" Two weeks later he blew his engine with too much NOS

Otherwise, I don't care, just as long as they know it still isn't an Evo, and doesn't even compare.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Links0000
Cuz I was bored and have nothing else to do during class
i know the feeling
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

if it bothers you that much, just got slaughter them at "the track" once or twice and you will feel better about yourself...making their car look a certain way isnt a problem, but I think I know what you are talking about here....they buy a wing and a bodykit, then think it IS an Evo...thats a different story and it does **** me off
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:13 PM

No problem with that. It can look like it, but never be it. Not everyone can afford an evo.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohEVO18
if it bothers you that much, just got slaughter them at "the track" once or twice and you will feel better about yourself...making their car look a certain way isnt a problem, but I think I know what you are talking about here....they buy a wing and a bodykit, then think it IS an Evo...thats a different story and it does **** me off

ty +1
thats what im talking about...and they get cocky about it...when i lived in ballwin...there was this kid who had a lancer. it had a vortex generator and the evo wing, wierd *** rims and exhuast. i was in my wifes car at the time so i decided i'd pull ove to talk to him and he tryed everything in the book to prove to me it was an evo...so i said follow me to my apartment..and he folowed me back and i showed the real deal...his face was so red...lol but i ended up sellingparts to him an intake that night...i will amit that his cf hood was really nice tho
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

ehh. neither here nor there
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:26 PM

It really doesn't bother me too much. I do get confused about it though. Like the other day when I saw an old 90s fast track celica with an evo wing. I also saw an RSX with an evo wing last week. It just doesn't look right on other cars.