Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

still only boosting 12lbs????

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
still only boosting 12lbs????

heres the quick run down
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=324963

i swapped the 2 lines at the wastegate solinoid, but its still running only 12lbs....

ok, on one line there is a t-fitting that goes to the wastegate actuator and turbo... if i put these on backwards, would it effect that? someone said there is a pill in the line... first, what is a pill, and second, if its on the wrong line, will it effect this?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the pill is simply a restriciton in the line. it will change the readings of the vaccum or boost that is actually happening. i have an aftermarket pill in the line of my evo 8 so i can just adjust my boost using ecu flash and do not need a mbc. i just adjust wastegate duty cycle.

also do u have a boost leak. what bov r u running
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

no boost leaks.... ive triple checked that....... im running the agency power bov...
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vipers
heres the quick run down
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=324963

i swapped the 2 lines at the wastegate solinoid, but its still running only 12lbs....

ok, on one line there is a t-fitting that goes to the wastegate actuator and turbo... if i put these on backwards, would it effect that? someone said there is a pill in the line... first, what is a pill, and second, if its on the wrong line, will it effect this?
You will see a dot where the pill is located in the line. The pill should be one the wastegate side I believe
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
time for new vaccuum lines! just pull the old ones off and replace them with new ones and you should be set...
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,053 Likes on 764 Posts
Sounds like you have a hole in the lines or are missing the main restrictor pill.

The pill is on the compressor side (the black pipe off the compressor housing)

With the OEM line assembly. The hose off the T that has the red marking on the end goes to the wastegate actuator, the other line off the T with the pill in it goes to the compressor outlet pipe. On the other side, the line with the white dashes on it goes to the top port of the boost solenoid and the other side of the dashed line line goes to the turbo intake. The other hose with the metal clip on it goes to the bottom port of the boost solenoid (closest to the plug) and the other side goes to the T referenced in the first part of this paragraph.

Are you using OEM lines?

I've seen evos hastily brought back to stock with standard vac lines with a T. That will make it just run wastegate boost like what you are experiencing.

Last edited by razorlab; Feb 19, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^^ that is exactly the info i was looking for! thank you!

the only line i had to replace was the one that goes to the TID, but the other line was left untouched.... i think i just have the restrictor on the wrong side... thanks for the info
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Sounds like you have a hole in the lines or are missing the main restrictor pill.

The pill is on the compressor side (the black pipe off the compressor housing)

With the OEM line assembly. The hose off the T that has the red marking on the end goes to the wastegate actuator, the other line off the T with the pill in it goes to the compressor outlet pipe. On the other side, the line with the white dashes on it goes to the top port of the boost solenoid and the other side of the dashed line line goes to the turbo intake. The other hose with the metal clip on it goes to the bottom port of the boost solenoid (closest to the plug) and the other side goes to the T referenced in the first part of this paragraph.

Are you using OEM lines?

I've seen evos hastily brought back to stock with standard vac lines with a T. That will make it just run wastegate boost like what you are experiencing.
+1, Exactly what was wrong w/my car.