Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Miss my EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2003, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss my EVO

Damn I miss my car! Still in Turkey for vacation. It has been a month and counting days! Should be back in 7 days!

BTW, I covered my car before I left (month ago), you guys think car should be fine? You know the weather is pretty hot although my car is garaged but when I covered my car it was 15-days old!

Thanks

Memo
Old Jul 29, 2003, 03:36 AM
Evolved Member

That really sucks to be away from your EVO so soon and for so long... Should be fine till you get back I guess!! Then you can go on all kinds of driving escapades...
Old Jul 29, 2003, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

the air force is sending me to korea for a year and my car is gonna be garaged... any ideas on how to store it for a year?
Old Jul 29, 2003, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by kevin
the air force is sending me to korea for a year and my car is gonna be garaged... any ideas on how to store it for a year?
Just give it to me...I'll take really good care of it...of course, when you get it back, it might make 400 HP, but...
Old Jul 29, 2003, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

I suggest covering it with OEM Mitsubishi Cover.
I didn't put wax on my car b/c it was couple days old when I left her so the paint wasn't cured enough... But I really recommend putting couple layers of quality wax. (ex. Zaino)

It has been exactly 30 days since I left my baby! I MISS HER SO BAAADDD
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:16 PM

if you are not driving it for a whole year, remopve the tires, put it on blocks or stands or something (u dont awnt the tire to sit w/ one part comrpessed for 1 year.

remove the battery, it will prolly loose it's charge.

drain the oil, coolant, fuel...etc

when u come back refill it all.

OR..have someone (friend, family member) start it and drive it peacefully for a couple miles every week or two weeks.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

lol.. you'd come all the way from california just to drive my car for a couple times a week... wow i never knew i had such good friends! LOL!
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Turkey .. damn .. don't try to smuggle back any hash

-Midnight Express
Old Jul 30, 2003, 08:14 PM

draining the fluids is the worst thing you could do. whenever you drain the fluids it just gives moisture more room to get in there and rust stuff up. just remove the battery, (or buy a battery tender) jack it up, set the car on some wooden blocks and cover it up. leave all your fluids full including the gas and put a can of stabil in the tank.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Go to the Show & Shine section and look for a thread called 'Winter Storage'. Lots of good info in there.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

I 'll volunteer to watch after it. I'm just west of you in the D/FW area. It would be wrong not let it out for some excercise at least once a week.. That's just cruel treatment..
Do some reading up on long term storage. Your tires especially since they are high performance soft tires will be about worthless after a year of storage. Be very careful not to store it near a breaker box, which the large current through those electrical boxes creates a lot of ozone and ozone deteriaorates rubber very quickly. bad for seals, hoses, tires, etc.