Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Interesting vid of EVOIX-X Vs. STI's

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 03:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Interesting vid of EVOIX-X Vs. STI's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tlzJbRC4hM
Check it out!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 21, 2008, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

the post

The Video looks like a Best Motoring Video, you know, I have said it many times before, the evo is not a drag car and that proves it, haha. But it also shows how good the Subbie is. I never have mocked the Subie, just thought it was ugly, and the new STI too is love it or hate it, the Evo Hands Down better looking, but the better performer? aaaahhh its a wash. But yeah, that STI is Fast a 12.9 1/4 mile stock? Dang, but then again I saw a stock IX MR run 12.8's so its a wash to me..Awesome video to see even in Japanese Thanks for the link...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

haha great vid....i knew the new sti was better than the X stock but dam...either that dude sucked at driving or the X isnt that good...he lost the back end on the slalom which was kinda surprising...very interesting on the drag too
Old Feb 21, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

As much as I dislike the looks of the new STI, it is a VERY aggressive little car. A true sleeper.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Wink Best Motoring Feb '08

Yeah this video is taken from the Feb '08 episode of Best Motoring. The thing that gets me though is how they run a 13.4 second quarter mile in the SST EVO X...that's pretty darn good bone stock. But, if you notice, the guy driving it just steps on the pedal like a regular automatic and takes off! Hello...Launch Control!!! To be honest, I don't think any of the drivers in the video knew the car had it. I listened (can understand Japanese) and not one of them even talked about it...I wonder if the JDM version even has it? Anyway, I think they'd easily be able to knock a couple tenths of a second off of that 13.4 with a nice 5k launch. Just my 2 cents
Old Feb 21, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im pretty sure that sti driver took off at high rpm's. But the sti driver was pretty good and seemed like he had more experience
Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, Hattori-san is the guy driving the STI...he's an awesome driver! In fact, the whole time he's talking while sitting in the STI, he's bragging about how much better he is and how he'll do the perfect launch! The guy driving the SST is not a regular on the show and apparently doesn't know how to drive
Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:04 PM
Account Disabled

Good vid ehhh.. i agree the X is waaayyy better looking but wow the sti truely out preformed in every aspect.. still like the evo beter
Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

they shud have atleast used the X mr. if only the new sti wasnt so gross looking..
Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Motor trend just ranked the sti second out of three with the evo being #1.

The evo had a better quarter.

They also said the sti was an understeering champ, versus the evo actually dialing out understeer mid corner.

Bogus test.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Unhappy

Hey tnhockey, they did (sort of) use the MR...see in Japan, they're not separating the car into 2 models like they are stateside. In Japan, you have a lot more flexibility with options when purchasing the car. For example, you can get the SST transmission without leather seats, but at the same time get the vents (on the fenders/hood) painted to match the car. Not sure why MMNA decided to limit our options, but that's just how it goes I guess...