Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Omg Wtf

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omg Wtf

So I have had my car back for almost two months now. I had a BR 2.3l being put in at the dealership. I had spun a bearing at the track. Anyway, about two weeks after getting it back, my clutch squeeked when I depressed the pedal. I didnt think much of it, I would just lube the assembly up on my next oil change. Well tonight it all went to hell. I was coming to a stop and went to downshift and couldnt get into gear. When I released the pedal it didnt come back up! I pushed it all the way in and it returned. It was like that for the next couple of times but I still couldnt get it into gear. Well then the clutch pushed it with no resistance and I though maybe I was low on fluid. I pulled into a parking lot to investigate. Got the hood popped, fluid was fine. Upon further looking around in the dark with a flashlight, I noticed what I am going to refer to as the solenoid because I am not sure what it is. The boot was busted and fluid was leaking. Well, I also noticed that the two bolts holding it to the bracket only had one bolt in there. The other bolt was just sitting in the hole but not even lined up. So it was crooked and thats what I am going to guess the squeeking noise was. Now its fcked cause the boot is busted and both holes are stripped. I cant tell if the rod is bent but it sure felt like it. Sorry for the long post, I am so pissed off cause the btch was in the shop for 7 months waiting on there sorry a$$ to finish. Now it is going back in two weeks before I am suppose to dyno it. Mitsubishi dealerships FTMFL
Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Your Mitsu dealer actually installed your 2.3L? Wow. I would have taken it elsewhere but that's just me.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:38 PM
Account Disabled

Ouch sorry to hear.. good luck getting it back on the road
Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

well I spun the bearing and they wanted to put a new motor in. I though about upgrading while I was in that situation. They didnt build the 2.3 they just bolted it up. The block was put together by Buschur then shipped. I would have loved to have them do it but I am in TN and they are way the f up there lol
Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evozakk
well I spun the bearing and they wanted to put a new motor in. I though about upgrading while I was in that situation. They didnt build the 2.3 they just bolted it up. The block was put together by Buschur then shipped. I would have loved to have them do it but I am in TN and they are way the f up there lol
heh Yeah I know what you mean. I wish I had a truck and a car carrier sometimes. I'm moving to Murfreesboro, Tn in about 5-6 months. One step closer to Buschur.
I seriously didn't know a dealer would install an aftermarket engine. They hate mods on cars as it is, but I guess not every dealer is the same.

G/L with getting things sorted out.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

I would be having the Dealship Service manager on the phone right away. Call asap and leave messages. So you can contact them the moment they open again. Good luck and hope they pay for it to be fixed sounds to me like they screwed the pooch and messed up your install.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Yea it will be first thing Monday morning. They had better pay towing too. I have her in a parking lot right now and do not feel comfortable at all with it there. Its a well lit parking lot but that doesnt mean anything.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

OK, so I checked my service manual and its the "clutch release cylinder" and the push rod is bend slightly and the boot is pretty much ripped in half. It should be an easy fix. Does any one know if they will rebuild that or just replace it? I know they will hav to fix the threads on the bracket.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

You mean a slave cylinder? They may pull the well thats a wear and tear part and iwth the urpgraded clutch(assuming you have one with a 2.3) it caused more force on the slave cylinder and caused it to go out.

Now with that being said, do not buy one of these from a autoparts store. They all reman the factory ones and they always pop. ( the same thing this one did) get the factory one for a little bit more do. I went thru two of these on my dsm and 3 master cylinders before i learned my lesson.

They arent to much even if you have to pay.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

The problem stemmed from one of the bolts that hold the cylinder in place not there causing the cylinder to turn out when the rod pushes release fork. So eventually it stripped the other I guess. I really would just need to purchase the push rod and the boot, retap the thread and it would be done but it was their fault to begin with cause they had the motor out. And of course would have had to mess with that I am assuming. I have an Exedy twin but its been in for like 1 and half years or so.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

I guessed i over looked the thread stripped part. Yeah deffinitly there fault there. You can buy a rebuild kit for like 30 or a whole new one for around 60 to 100 depending on the markup.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

If they give me any grief about it and I cant get them to cover it then I will just go that route, price a rebuild or just a new one.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, Oriley's says they can get one for like 27 bucks, the whole thing not the rebuild. Does that sound right? He says its for the duel ohc 2.0 and there was not an option for turbo or non turbo. Online the price IS cheaper for a non tubo than a turbo but that just sounds real cheap. Mitsubishiparts.com says 37 bucks so it may be right. Any thoughts??