Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, or E.G.T. Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, or E.G.T. Gauge?

Hey guys. I cant decide on my 3rd gauge I want to buy. I'm going to order a AEM Wideband and a Boost Gauge but cannot decide on the last one to buy. Which gauge do you belive is most important? Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature, or Exhaust temp? Thanks a bunch
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:17 AM
Former Sponsor

You technically have an oil pressure gauge, the only problem is when that light comes on, there could be a serious problem. It depends how far you are going to take your car, either gauge would be good to have.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:20 AM
Former Sponsor

I personally have 7 gauges: aem wideband, boost, egt, oil pressure, oil temp, fuel pressure, and volt.

I will be making 600+ hp so in my situation i need to know what is going on.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

I would def do oil pressure
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8604
I personally have 7 gauges: aem wideband, boost, egt, oil pressure, oil temp, fuel pressure, and volt.

I will be making 600+ hp so in my situation i need to know what is going on.
Haha only 600 slow that my car on low boost haha NOT
Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Quick question again, if i pick up the oil pressure gauge, i know i need a adapter/sensor. Lets say I pick up a Greddy Oil Block Adapter or GTspec Oil Sandwich Adapter, is that all I would need?
Old Mar 3, 2008, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

yeah the greddy oil filter adapter should be the only thing you need cuz it comes with gaskets and the right spindle for your filter to screw that's if its vehicle specific, I run it with my my oil pressure sensor and it hasn't leaked, only problem is that you have to realize that it drops your filter a little lower, I have the carbing underpanel for my car to protect it my engine bay from the bottom side and it sits a couple of inchs away from the filter after I installed it

after that jus gotta figure out how to wire the sensor down there, and make sure you have the right sensor thread for both the sensor and the block adapter, like 1/8pt won't screw in to well with a 1/8npt somethin like that
Old Mar 3, 2008, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

If you're going to do the oil pressure gauge and plan on mounting it next to the filter on the housing...I HIGHLY suggest you use the AMS sending unit SS braided line. They send it to you with the exact fittings to match the block and the aem sender. I bought this line from them and haven't had a single issue with it.....I will post pics when I get a chance.

Jorge R.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy K
yeah the greddy oil filter adapter should be the only thing you need cuz it comes with gaskets and the right spindle for your filter to screw that's if its vehicle specific, I run it with my my oil pressure sensor and it hasn't leaked, only problem is that you have to realize that it drops your filter a little lower, I have the carbing underpanel for my car to protect it my engine bay from the bottom side and it sits a couple of inchs away from the filter after I installed it

after that jus gotta figure out how to wire the sensor down there, and make sure you have the right sensor thread for both the sensor and the block adapter, like 1/8pt won't screw in to well with a 1/8npt somethin like that
You could or you could buy the adapter from 42draftdesigns and tap it in the plug/s by the filter for way less. It goes from BPST to NPT. I am using the adapters for both Oil Pressure and Oil Temp senders.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Redline-Z
You could or you could buy the adapter from 42draftdesigns and tap it in the plug/s by the filter for way less. It goes from BPST to NPT. I am using the adapters for both Oil Pressure and Oil Temp senders.

This is what I did and it worked like a charm.
Buy a breaker bar if you do it yourself because the hex bolts are in there tight.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in the same boat, but need 2 gauges. I'm thinking on oil pressure and egt. What do you guys think?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:18 PM

After alot of research I went with a boost gauge, oil pressure and an EGT. I use the EGT every day during winter - when it hits 12 I know I can turn on the heater and it'll be hot.