Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

wierd noise in righthad turns??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wierd noise in righthad turns??

Hey guys,

When i turn to the right my car make a wierd clicking sound(when i let out the clutch and the car starts to move in a right turn). It only does it if i come to a complete stop and then take of doing a turn to the right.
last night i left it a buddys heated garage for a while and then the noise went away.

What could it be? Anyone have anything similar?
Im having the car checked at the stealership on Monday.

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
More than likley a bad CV. Check the axles out
Old Feb 26, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

having the same problem but i dont even care right now because this car been giving me mad problems since the day i got it. So now its time to trade it in for a layed back car because i cant deal with this anymore and its my 1st car 2. =[ i baby this but i cant change nothing because i just found out the old owner ran nitrous and stuff like that on the car so might as well trade it in before it break down on me.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

damn i just made a story up there^^
Old Feb 26, 2008, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soldi3rappl3
having the same problem but i dont even care right now because this car been giving me mad problems since the day i got it. So now its time to trade it in for a layed back car because i cant deal with this anymore and its my 1st car 2. =[ i baby this but i cant change nothing because i just found out the old owner ran nitrous and stuff like that on the car so might as well trade it in before it break down on me.
Haha, welcome to Mitsubishi, can't wait for more of these posts. I should start a list of them.

Could just be when it is cold, since when you left it in the heated garage it didn't make the noise. Lots of things on a car make noise when they're cold: brakes, tranny, tires, etc.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

My car clicks when making left hand turns and going over bumps. Noise comes from front passenger side. Its not consistent, seems to happen more on cold days. Plan on taking it to the dealership. My car has 30,000 miles on it. How many miles are on your MR (WO459732)
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i had a grinding sound when turning also, changed the differential fluid. Preso all gone. worth a try guys.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

mitsubishi will always make weird *** sounds that life of having a fast car. mine has its own orcestra of noise lol
Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeffroevoix
My car clicks when making left hand turns and going over bumps. Noise comes from front passenger side. Its not consistent, seems to happen more on cold days. Plan on taking it to the dealership. My car has 30,000 miles on it. How many miles are on your MR (WO459732)
mine only has 7200 miles.

Its a bad sign, it was doint it today also. I will ask the tech about the fluids. Seems to only be now and then that it makes the sound. Mostly when i turn my wheel all the way. Seems to come from the right.

On another note, i also got a greddy gracer front lip. Does it mount onto exixting hangers(mine are ripped off), or can it just be bolted from the bottom etc?

Thanks for the replies, will know more tomorrow(got early appointment at the stealership). Good that my car is bone stock, so hopefully no warranty issues
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Jus get the front end checked out you will find your problem
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

+1 on CV joints.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Originally Posted by Burklow
+1 on CV joints.
+2 that does sound axle area related
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

just got back from the stealership. Got an oil change, got the lip mounted(looks good) and the tech checked out the car. He says everything is normal.

Im shocked. He and i were both inspecting the whole front end, everything looked normal.

???????? could be the cold. We drove around and no noise at all, pisses me off.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

this is pissing me off

last night when i started and pushed in the clutch, it made a wierd sound. Only when i let off it did it go away. The problem stated in above posts also happens. It only seems to happen after i drive around for a while and try a right turn from a complete stop. The moment i let of the clutch and the car starts to moove the noise is back.

What could it be? Could it be my clutch?
Old Mar 3, 2008, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

I totally know what you mean: when you try to explain to a tech or a dealer what the problem is and try to show them, somehow the problem disappears until you return home or drive it the next morning.

Quick Reply: wierd noise in righthad turns??