Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I think it's a boost leak problem??? HELP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's a boost leak problem??? HELP

I currently have the aquamist hfs-1 installed in my car. As I was driving to the shop the car ran just fine with the meth turned off. I went to the shop to have my meth tested and to make sure it was spraying correctly. after the leaving the shop my car was not boosting correctly because as soon as it would hit up to 6-7 psi, the car's acceleration would flutter and not accelerate anymore past the fluttering ( the meth if still turned off). Car drives fine when ur not hitting the gas and trying to boost all the way.

While in the shop first thing we did was a boost leak test. I believe when he put all the parts back on there might have been a hose or part that was missed or put on wrong. That is my guess. There is no service engine light or anything abnormal with the car besides not boosting past 6 psi. my car's set at 22 psi max.

let me know what u guys think about this. i hope its just a boost leak and that it could be fixed easily. I'm gonna take it back to the shop in a few days but just wanted to get people's professional opinions about it. THANKS!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump