Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

:( 03 enkei wheels... gone!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know you can't answer this question, but are you sure you didn't set this up to look like someone else did it to get some new wheels and tires? LOL. That might give other people an idea.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
I know you can't answer this question, but are you sure you didn't set this up to look like someone else did it to get some new wheels and tires? LOL. That might give other people an idea.
I am not usually one to stir up crap either, but two things just seem odd.

1. Most wheel jackers aren't looking to place blocks under cars so carefully as to not damage anything else. If they want the wheels, they are doing it as fast as possible to not get caught. Not taking into consideration possibly damaging your car.

2. You came on right away saying you are expecting $3000. Kinda seems suspicious.

Last edited by SEEnoEVO; Feb 27, 2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO
I am not usually one to stir up crap either, but two things just seem odd.

1. Most wheel jackers aren't looking to place blocks under cars so carefully as to not damage anything else.

2. You came on right away saying you are expecting $3000. Kinda seems suspicious.
well, wasn't right away...he waited a whole 8 minutes

well truth of the matter is, noone can prove any foul play was done, just that he is missing rims.....but if there is foul play, just dont get caught
Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:44 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
A $30K car and no garage. Interesting priorities.

FWIW, I'm sorry about your loss.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

wow, thats insane. Im sorry to hear that bro. best of luck on getting everything straightened out easy and cheap...
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Holy ****! that sucks dude. F*cking thieves
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:28 AM

If he was pulling off an insurance job like your implying, why would he even post this on the forum? believe it or not there is a lot of thieves out there that would steal just about anything, so stealing a set of wheels isnt that unbelievable. just my 2 cents

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by baggedtaco
If he was pulling off an insurance job like your implying, why would he even post this on the forum? believe it or not there is a lot of thieves out there that would steal just about anything, so stealing a set of wheels isnt that unbelievable. just my 2 cents
I do NOT think he is scamming here, but what they are saying is unbelievable isn't the theft of the wheels, its the care involved. I wouldn't steal wheels (I hardly need to, plus it'd be hard to find a car with the right size and offset to fit the C4 anyway ) BUT I will admit that if I did I would just drop the car on the ground and RLH, why take the time to put blocks under it? Or spend the money on blocks to put under it?

Okay, so the reason is that they didn't have jack stands and it was just easier that way, but still.

Sorry bout your loss dude, I'd say just laugh at it, but I had mine broken into in the middle of the day at a mall here... And you never feel safe again in that place, and this is your home...
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I do NOT think he is scamming here, but what they are saying is unbelievable isn't the theft of the wheels, its the care involved. I wouldn't steal wheels (I hardly need to, plus it'd be hard to find a car with the right size and offset to fit the C4 anyway ) BUT I will admit that if I did I would just drop the car on the ground and RLH, why take the time to put blocks under it? Or spend the money on blocks to put under it?
Exactly. That is all I am saying. Either way.....i really don't care. I just think if it were me, i am jacking it up by the side rocker and grabbin them. If i did have blocks, I am not reaching underneath to put them in a spot like that....again...putting them under the rocker. Just my opinion. I guess you should be happy you have some courteous theives in your area.

Good luck with ur insurance either way.

Last edited by SEEnoEVO; Feb 27, 2008 at 05:53 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancerlover
Wheel locks are your friend
I use to think so too until I found out how easy it was to take them off if you lost the key. They are pretty much useless and a waste of money.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
A $30K car and no garage. Interesting priorities.

FWIW, I'm sorry about your loss.
Depending on where you live, even if you make a six figure salary, a garage isn't always a real possibility.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Wow. I can't see the pics at work though.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

I got it, buy a boot and put it on, they won't steal just 3 wheels!

And rcheung is right: Plus, I'd rather have a nice car than a garage anyway But Utah is pretty damn safe, so...
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

that sux bro, but thats kind of funny,sorry
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

That's just not right to steal it in someones own driveway. Honestly, stockers don't even really sell that much used unlike what people put on their SUVs. People will steal anything...

If it happened to me, I probably would think someone was playing a joke on me. My wheels were $150 each.

Quick Reply: :( 03 enkei wheels... gone!