Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which custom fender?
STi Fender Flares
0%
Evo 6 Fender Flares
37.50%
Cyber Evo Add-on Fender Flares
62.50%
Modified Voltex widebody
0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Custom Rear Fender Gauging Interest

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Custom Rear Fender Gauging Interest

Today I talked with my friend who is a manufacturer of body kits, we realized that there are some front fenders in the market like Garage HRS (and replica of HRS by Seibon), Chargespeed and Varis but there is no rear fender or fender flare besides Voltex and the APR widebody kit which might be too aggressive. And what I see is that quite many Evo owners are not happy with their fenders after rolled, some of them are kinda messed up or not perfect. However the trend makes 9 inches rims with +29 offset have even become a conservative set up nowadays, which still need to roll the fenders .

So I would like to hear if you guys are interested in a set of custom rear fender flare of Evo. And I came up with some ideas and my friend will decide which to make by considering what you guys like the most. The material is possibly Polyurethane and the price should be around $200 per set depends on style.

1) 05+ STi fender flare style: It doesn't really make the car wider but just to cover the messed up fender after rolling. You can even cut the fender like the STi.

2) Evo 6 fender flare style: We miss the fender flare from Evo 6, but have to figure out what to do with the rear bumper part.

3) Add-on on Cyber Evo Voltex widebody: They put it on the Voltex kit to make it even wider but I am thinking just put it on our stock body.

4) Modified Voltex kit: SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY PHOTOSHOP , appreciated if someone can make it better and post here, anyway my idea is something like the Voltex kit but not going all the way to the rear bumper and the side skirt, so it can fit both USDM and JDM rear bumper. However if it's being made 30mm wide like the Voltex kit, the wheels will still suck in even if we run on 10 inches with +twenty something offset, so I would say a "mild-version" of Voltex kit like only 10 or 15mm. But it would be more expensive than other choices as there are 2 large pieces each side.

Admin please remove it as I think I should post in Show&Shine forum. Sorry for using the STi pics from nasioc .

Last edited by jcrb; Mar 2, 2008 at 01:08 PM.