Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I want your opinions..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if your question is what should you do with the money, then you came to the wrong forums man, if i had that much cash to play with i would put that **** away in some sort of savings account with a high yielding interest rate and watch it grow for a little and then if you really cant stand not having a car then i guess buy one but it depends on what you want with the car, do you want to just be able to build it up and go fast then yes of course get an EVO IX, but if you are looking for class which and know a lot of people your age and mine (I am also 19) don't think about class then i would suggest getting a BMW M3 they are running for like 24 to 26k the 02 and 03s are at least, see what i did was i worked at a mortgage company all summer long and made about 40k and bought myself a 05 BMW M3, then i quit my job and got a job as an *** Manager at Bank of America and i then bought myself a EVO IX black, i now have a fast *** evo and a pretty nice and fast classy BMW M3. and to be honest when i am driving my cars people look down on me when they see me in the evo, as opposed to the M3 people and i mean everyone for example teens and adults saying wow your how old and you drive a BMW M3. sooooo i guess it depends on what you want i am just telling you what have done and experience, so i hope you take my opinion seriously into your consideration. GOOD LUCK MAN!!!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

yea man go for it. I had my OZ since i was 16 and always wanted the evo. Im 20 yrs old now, got rid of my debt, then got a killer deal for the evo ix for $25k with only 12k miles. I only work part time and am going to school also and dont have any problems. If you have the chance, get it because whats the point of getting an expensive car when ur old? nows the age when ur gonna get the most out of it cuz your still YOUNG. ppl work and save for evos or cars of this sort for years and end up getting it when its a lil too late. thats why i hurried and got mine with no regrets. justfind the perfect deal, good luck
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo9Arash
well if your question is what should you do with the money, then you came to the wrong forums man, if i had that much cash to play with i would put that **** away in some sort of savings account with a high yielding interest rate and watch it grow for a little and then if you really cant stand not having a car then i guess buy one but it depends on what you want with the car, do you want to just be able to build it up and go fast then yes of course get an EVO IX, but if you are looking for class which and know a lot of people your age and mine (I am also 19) don't think about class then i would suggest getting a BMW M3 they are running for like 24 to 26k the 02 and 03s are at least, see what i did was i worked at a mortgage company all summer long and made about 40k and bought myself a 05 BMW M3, then i quit my job and got a job as an *** Manager at Bank of America and i then bought myself a EVO IX black, i now have a fast *** evo and a pretty nice and fast classy BMW M3. and to be honest when i am driving my cars people look down on me when they see me in the evo, as opposed to the M3 people and i mean everyone for example teens and adults saying wow your how old and you drive a BMW M3. sooooo i guess it depends on what you want i am just telling you what have done and experience, so i hope you take my opinion seriously into your consideration. GOOD LUCK MAN!!!

I know exactly what you mean. thanks for the time writting it up!
yea man go for it. I had my OZ since i was 16 and always wanted the evo. Im 20 yrs old now, got rid of my debt, then got a killer deal for the evo ix for $25k with only 12k miles. I only work part time and am going to school also and dont have any problems. If you have the chance, get it because whats the point of getting an expensive car when ur old? nows the age when ur gonna get the most out of it cuz your still YOUNG. ppl work and save for evos or cars of this sort for years and end up getting it when its a lil too late. thats why i hurried and got mine with no regrets. justfind the perfect deal, good luck
Yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking... you only live once right?

thanks again guys.

Last edited by importjake00; Mar 10, 2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Everyone keeps saying the same thing. And the just of all of it is correct.

Buy an Evo, 20-25k (nothing extreme), invest the rest by going to talk to an investment person as was stated before. Stocks, bonds, etc etc, there's a lot to invest in. If you want mods for the Evo, don't touch that money, just spend your money you earn from working.

Another thing someone brought up is student loans, if you have student loans at all, I would use the money to pay off part of them, they're the worst. But from what you've said I doubt you do.

Next, I would bet 60k that he cannot buy a house right now. Declined declined and more declined. Its a buyers' market for sure, for approved buyers. And trust me from experience that an 18-21 year old kid is highly unlikely to get approved for a mortgage loan, especially with how the market is right now. If your parents will co-borrow with you on the loan, great, skip the Evo, buy a house, lease it out, best idea ever. I have a friend who bought a house that rents all the rooms and what not out for more than they are "worth" She pays 100 dollars a month for the cable and internet etc, and then everything else is paid for by the payments the others make. Unfortunately if your parents won't co-borrow (or someone else with awesome long-term credit established) your best bet is to get a loan on the Evo, invest the money, and use the money to make the payments on the Evo to build some awesome credit. My (now ex) girlfriend and I tried to get a home loan about 6-7 months ago. She makes over 150k a year, I make about 30k, we were going in on a 200ish home, she had a credit score of 725, I had one of 780. Neither of us had nearly enough credit history to get the loan, a home loan isn't like a car loan. They look at a whole lot more than your income and your FICO score. So invest, build your credit (buy an Evo ), graduate, get a good job, then buy a house.
See, you my man, speek my language.
Im only 19! Im not in a steady relationship, and plan to go to school for a few more years ATLEAST, so theres no way im going get a house. I dont have any credit right now at all anyway, and my parents credit is TERRIBLE!
thanks for your input bro.
THANKS EVERY ONE FOR THE INPUT!

Last edited by importjake00; Mar 10, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:02 AM

I would say put down a good down payment and get a IX or a X and put the rest of the money in some high yield savings. The reason i tell you to put a down payment and finance a part of the car is for your credit. Credit is so vital so think about that too.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DC5->EVO
I would say put down a good down payment and get a IX or a X and put the rest of the money in some high yield savings. The reason i tell you to put a down payment and finance a part of the car is for your credit. Credit is so vital so think about that too.
Yeah, deff what i was thinking. But only a IX. The X is just...... read my sig lol.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:53 AM

You should do seem reading on th e X part of the forum if u haven't. They seem to have some very good potential and they corner fantastically.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
I am a Father and I own an Evo 9MR...My suggestion, is get a real nice Evo 9 (MR!!), not abused and do what you want to it and then invest what is left over. Life is short. There is no reason you shouldn't feel happy walking in that parking lot towards your dream car and getting in it! If you settle for less, you be kicking yourself forever! Don't have regrets! Live life, BUT plan for your future! Best of luck with your decision!! -Howard
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ch53avitech
Just put the 60K in a savings account and watch it grow.

Get the evo and INVEST the rest. Have your money make you money. Savings accounts dont do nearly as well for you as investing it. Talk to a financial advisor.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NJ9MR
Life is short. There is no reason you shouldn't feel happy walking in that parking lot towards your dream car and getting in it! If you settle for less, you be kicking yourself forever! Don't have regrets! Live life, BUT plan for your future! Best of luck with your decision!!
Very nice to hear/read someone saying that. Its why I went with the Porsche instead of the TL-S that I almost bought, I just knew I'd always regret it.

Originally Posted by Mistaken
Get the evo and INVEST the rest. Have your money make you money. Savings accounts dont do nearly as well for you as investing it. Talk to a financial advisor.
This basically sums up all the good advice in a few sentences.

So combine those two posts, and you're golden.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

the last 4 posts or so really opened my eyes! thanks guys!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Save it and buy a house later.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 04:08 PM
Account Disabled

get invest on CD and use only the interest;your is still together.http://www.driftinks.com