Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I want your opinions..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want your opinions..

I will soon be getting a settlement for 60+ thousand dollars. Thats after all medical bills. I am lookin into getting a evo IX. I currently am a full time student in college, and my schooling is all paid for so i dont need to worry about that. I really dont have any other bills besides Cell phone and little things like that, due to still living with parents while im going to school. And im thinking of spending right around 25k or a little for the evo, and im just wondering in your guys opinion.. would it be a bad idea to just drop 25k for a car at only 18 almost 19 years old. I really dont have anything else to spend it on, and its not like im going to spend it all. My dad thinks i should wait, but i have waited 2 years, and the waits killing me! Let me know what you young evo drivers think, or evo drivers period...

Sorry for the long post, just confused.

Mods dont move to newbie section please.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

Well with that much cash, im sure you coudl find a nice IX, check out the fo sale forums a few nice SEs and and MR for around that price, I would also put some of it away in a retirment account or something to build some extra money, seems dumb now but its worth it in the long run to get started early. Insurance will also be expensive for you for awhile but nothing that you prolly cant handle. I wanted to get an Evo for years, now that i can finally afford it, and picked mine up I have no regrets.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Just put the 60K in a savings account and watch it grow.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

buy a evo. slam it. enjoy having a hella fast car for our age of 19. invest the rest man, trust me on that
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

or give it to me and ill buy the evo for you .
Old Mar 8, 2008, 01:16 AM

If you want to get the car get it. Just don't **** the rest of it away on worthless stuff. Maybe a couple of CDs or something.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 01:56 AM
Evolving Member

Like others have mentioned, try & invest at least some of that money, and yes watch it grow

Do it right big guy, Im 21 and working full time to pay for the evo, but being that you have a little more than i did to work with, things might be easier for you.

No flashy 19s or underglow or crazy tinted front windshields... cop tickets will add up in $$$ you were meant to invest LOL. Let us know what happens
Old Mar 8, 2008, 02:03 AM
Evolved Member

put 59k into the eclipse and then save a little for gas. really though evo asap and +1 on the no flashy 19's etc.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

definately use some of it to secure your future. u are in a better position than most money wise with that. go buy your evo and enjoy it.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 02:52 AM
Evolving Member

Get ur evo I got 2 at 18 and haven't looked back I to had a big settlement and a big cd but set up a cd withe the rest ur money will grow so fast be sure to get one with a good rate though or its just a waste of time right now I'm getting 14% on mine
Old Mar 8, 2008, 03:28 AM
Evolved Member

I'd put it (at least a big chunk) towards a house... it's a buyer's market right now. That would be a great investment even though you don't "need" a house right now. Trust me, you will get a better girl if you own a house than if you own an Evo. Once you finish school and can make mortgage payments, you'll be SET.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by purevibez
definately use some of it to secure your future. u are in a better position than most money wise with that. go buy your evo and enjoy it.
Amen to this man
Old Mar 8, 2008, 05:48 AM

Get the car if you really want it and see yourself keeping it for a while....otherwise invest it and buy a used one down the road. my 2 cents.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

id say buy the evo, you wont be disappointed. just remember, its 25k for the car and 5k for the mods you want to put on once you buy it
Old Mar 8, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Id buy the evo, but definitely put the rest for savings.

Remember, modding this car can be a very slippery road. Maybe just put a couple of thousand on the side for some mods, just dont end up spending like 10k on it on a big build.

Quick Reply: I want your opinions..