Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock Turbo Unite!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeosEvo
you still cant back up your statement with a video or a time slip or anything??or a pic of that ''CARBON FIBER BODY'' that you mentioned after??
+1 It's not that it isn't possible with a stipped down car, but without pics, timeslip, & video no one is going to beleive it.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
Yeah, it was me... I was stuck at 391 on 93 octane at Fynetune's Dyno, but was being held back to over heating issue's. I haven't gone back on to try to make those numbers increase on pump gas. I went to CFT for a dyno day on their MD, well the run was made and stopped at 5,500 RPM's, it made 375/ 375 and I didn't know why the car was knocking so bad. I looked at the meth tank after we unloaded the car off of the dyno and it was still topped off . Meth pump failed and doesn't work for crap... Having a meth map and no meth going through made it knock. I'm thinking of making another stab at it though... With M3 cams now and a better O-2 housing, I don't see why I can't get over 400 on pump.... I plan on being at USP on the 28th and maybe we'll see...

I thought it was you that was almost there. Your car is the one I had in mind when I put the 400hp estimate up. Who knows, maybe I was right & you just dont't know it yet. Was the 391 on 93 only or was that with meth?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So have I, but I was asking just for 93 octane
I wish I had 93 octane over here on the west coast we get pwned in most states with 91
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, it was me... I was stuck at 391 on 93 octane at Fynetune's Dyno, but was being held back to over heating issue's. I haven't gone back on to try to make those numbers increase on pump gas. I went to CFT for a dyno day on their MD, well the run was made and stopped at 5,500 RPM's, it made 375/ 375 and I didn't know why the car was knocking so bad. I looked at the meth tank after we unloaded the car off of the dyno and it was still topped off . Meth pump failed and doesn't work for crap... Having a meth map and no meth going through made it knock. I'm thinking of making another stab at it though... With M3 cams now and a better O-2 housing, I don't see why I can't get over 400 on pump.... I plan on being at USP on the 28th and maybe we'll see...
See you there
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shunderwunder
I thought it was you that was almost there. Your car is the one I had in mind when I put the 400hp estimate up. Who knows, maybe I was right & you just dont't know it yet. Was the 391 on 93 only or was that with meth?
The 391 was pure 93... At the time my meth controller was toasted, and I was braking in the motor . I'm thinking more and more about doing both 93 and 93+ meth...

Originally Posted by pls1968
See you there
Cool I'll be there with JestR... See you there

Originally Posted by wesside
I wish I had 93 octane over here on the west coast we get pwned in most states with 91
Do you guys have E85?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by D"EVO"N
your an idiot im not running pump gas nor was i looking for my car when i was looking for cheap cat back its for a customer dar you know its kinda my job and the kid is on a budget so he wanted cheap quality.

and i have no idea how to get vhs on the computer i already said that so read befor you open your mouth..
You live like 5 minutes from me. I would love to go to either PIR or Woodburn and back you up. that is if you can run a 10.xx. I know of one guy in the whole, and i mean WHOLE nw that has run a 10.x on the stock turbo. I basically live at the tracks around here and never seen another evo run a 10.x. shoot, i have yet to see another evo run under a 11.5. Are you heading to PIR this weekend? hit me up and i will bring a digital cam so you dont have to worry about converting your BETA tapes over. B

Last edited by Turbojunkie; Jun 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

The 391 was pure 93... At the time my meth controller was toasted, and I was braking in the motor . I'm thinking more and more about doing both 93 and 93+ meth...

Thats my plan also. I just got an AEM EMS & hope to get a meth kit & 2 tunes.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Thats my plan also. I just got an AEM EMS & hope to get a meth kit & 2 tunes.
Keep me posted on that... I'm sure a AEM EMS is going to help a lot, but I'm not sure how much it's going to help... I'm curious to see how well it works out for you...
Old Jun 17, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Keep me posted on that... I'm sure a AEM EMS is going to help a lot, but I'm not sure how much it's going to help... I'm curious to see how well it works out for you...
I'm just as curious as you. It will be a few weeks till it's in & tuned because I still need to get a few moer things first ($) & then I'll do the meth & tune for it later.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

I'm just as curious as you. It will be a few weeks till it's in & tuned because I still need to get a few moer things first ($) & then I'll do the meth & tune for it later.
aiight, I'll keep my eyes open for your results then
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Stock turbo & stock suspension.

Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Little harder and you will have tripod mode!!! Tripod FTW
Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

I wish there had been a pic of that. Close but no cigar. I did get pics of the flamethrower.

Old Jun 18, 2008, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Get em Shunder GET EM!!! You gobbling up some Coopers.... were they S's?

SJ
Old Jun 18, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

hey what makes your exhaust do that? Race gas?

Quick Reply: Stock Turbo Unite!