Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

new problem

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new problem

so on my way home from work today my check engine light came on under normal driving..not getting on it, nothing..just, driving. so im assuming its the same code as usual..system too rich..as my cars been throwing that often lately. but i just disconnect my neg and it goes away.

so i didnt clear it, and took my car out a few hours later to get some food. while i was pulling in my driveway..just downshifted into first with the clutch still in, i was turning my wheel (driveways curved) and all of a sudden my brakes n steering wheel lock up and my car dies. started right back up, and my abs light was on for a few seconds but then went away.

any ideas what could have caused that? thats the first time anything like that has happened. thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tnhockey
so on my way home from work today my check engine light came on under normal driving..not getting on it, nothing..just, driving. so im assuming its the same code as usual..system too rich..as my cars been throwing that often lately. but i just disconnect my neg and it goes away.

so i didnt clear it, and took my car out a few hours later to get some food. while i was pulling in my driveway..just downshifted into first with the clutch still in, i was turning my wheel (driveways curved) and all of a sudden my brakes n steering wheel lock up and my car dies. started right back up, and my abs light was on for a few seconds but then went away.

any ideas what could have caused that? thats the first time anything like that has happened. thanks.
Sounds like your ABS fuse has lost its privilege to exist in your fusebox.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

cam angle sensor? I dont think the ABS fuse would make it run rich....Im not even sure the cam angle sensor would do that either, but when mine went out, it would shut my car off when ever it wanted to, also made silly noise like it was gasping.

SJ
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Hmmm just buy a new evo
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
cam angle sensor? I dont think the ABS fuse would make it run rich....Im not even sure the cam angle sensor would do that either, but when mine went out, it would shut my car off when ever it wanted to, also made silly noise like it was gasping.

SJ
You're right, it could be cam angle sensor. I was just telling him to yank the fuse so he doesn't have to worry about the wheels locking up again.