Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help!

I have a job interview tomorrow morning for skunk 2 racing as a r&d mechanic. I need Advice as to what to say. Please help a fellow evo member and give me some input!!!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Come now, this has nothing to do with Evo General, and if you need to ask random people on a car forum what to say, then my guess is you're not qualified. If you really are qualified, then be yourself and answer truthfully. Do not pretend and admit when you simply don't know something.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

just be urself!! when they ask you a question, just answer it the simplest way possible, but not too simple, show them that you know what ur talking about, in a few works, if u know what im saying. Dress nice, and be polite.

Good luck!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

like any other job interview, as long as u know ur stuff... just relax. n dont forget to dress appropriately.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:37 PM

Thanks for the input, im only worried because its my first job interview ever! im 22. T
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jaysonmyfeet07
just be urself!! when they ask you a question, just answer it the simplest way possible, but not too simple, show them that you know what ur talking about, in a few works, if u know what im saying. Dress nice, and be polite.

Good luck!
also be sure to include how you could be an asset to the company, what ur strong points are, that ur a dedicated hard working team player willing to do what needs to be done to help the "team"/Company!
Good Luck!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

talk about how cool hondas are....
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nonschlont
also be sure to include how you could be an asset to the company, what ur strong points are, that ur a dedicated hard working team player willing to do what needs to be done to help the "team"/Company!
Good Luck!

that would be very good as well.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:44 PM

Thanks hopefully I get the job and i can help them out to produce evo parts and then il hook you guys up!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

oh, also they might ask you, Give me 3 reasons why I should hire you. Have those answers ready. I almost struggled at a job interview after that question, i got a BLANK and couldnt say anything, but they i ended up mentioning like 5 strong points of mine and the lady was impressed!! lmao
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Careful... we might just HOLD ya to that! lol
gl
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

try going over how you think the interview would go in ur head... questions asked/ and the answers to them! They will definitely hit you with "why should we hire u", or something to that effect, so have that 1 ready 4 sure!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by jaysonmyfeet07
oh, also they might ask you, Give me 3 reasons why I should hire you. Have those answers ready. I almost struggled at a job interview after that question, i got a BLANK and couldnt say anything, but they i ended up mentioning like 5 strong points of mine and the lady was impressed!! lmao
Good advice thanks
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, take notes my man.

First, be yourself, dont put up an act, becuz if they wont like the real YOU, they will find it out sooner or later. Dress nice, i dont mean suit, but a nice pair of jeans and a nice shirt or somthing. Have the answers to questions like, what are ur stong points? and what can u do for this company? And by god turn your cell phone on silent.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by importjake00
Okay, take notes my man.

First, be yourself, dont put up an act, becuz if they wont like the real YOU, they will find it out sooner or later. Dress nice, i dont mean suit, but a nice pair of jeans and a nice shirt or somthing. Have the answers to questions like, what are ur stong points? and what can u do for this company? And by god turn your cell phone on silent.
il defenitely remember to turn my phone off, lol thanks. I apprecciate the input.