Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best Deal On Odyssey Batteries

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Deal On Odyssey Batteries

Forum Members: Mods you may want to sticky this.

I was having my Odyssey battery replaced under Warranty because it would not hold a charge after a year and a half of use. I called Odyssey direct and spoke to a gentleman by the name of Bruic Essic. He told me step by step what to do to check to see if I indeed had a bad battery or if the battery was just sulfated and needed to be reconditioned. I did everything he told me to do and the battery would still not hold a full charge.

To make a long story kind of short, He gave me the name of a local Distributor who would replace the battery(Odyssey PC680 MJ) under warranty. When I arrived at the local distributor they again tested the battery to see if it was bad or not. It turned out that the battery was indeed bad. They were in the process of getting a new battery for me when the Sales director Ralph asked me what I was using the battery for. I then explained that the battery was for my Mitsubishi Evolution and that I used it to save weight from the car and also be able to run a bigger intercooler piping. He said being a Odyssey distributor that he was only able to sell batteries to retail Odyssey battery stores. He asked how I heard about the Odyssey batteries and where I bought mine from. Here is where I said the magic word I said that I belonged to a Mitsubishi enthusiast fourm called Evolutionm.net & that was how I learned about the Odyssey batteries. He then said that he would hook up any person with the best possible price on any Odyssey battery and charger/battery tie downs cases etc. as long as they belonged to the Evolutionm forum.

Guys/ Girls the prices are great considering they are direct distributors of Odyssey batteries & chargers. I gain nothing from posting this on the forums no free battery or anything like that. I wanted to do this because so many of you guys/girls have helped me out with problems and have given me great places to buy my parts for my Evolution. Without you my Evolution would not be the the way it is today. I am also enclosing a couple of pictures.

Thanks,
Derek

P.S. The company name is ODYSSEY SOUTHEAST ------------------ THEY HAVE THE LOWEST PRICES

Just ask to speak to Ralph Gutierrez
PHONE # 954-766-2571
227 SW 33RD St. Fort. Lauderdale, Fl. 33315
Attached Thumbnails Best Deal On Odyssey Batteries-img003.jpg   Best Deal On Odyssey Batteries-img004.jpg  

Last edited by Derek Baker; Mar 16, 2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Bump For Evolutionm Member Savings
Old Mar 16, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

can you PM me the price?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 09:05 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sweet! That's like 2 miles from my bro-in-law's place! Shall I have him swing by and stock up?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

I wish they had one in the NorthWest.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

You can just call Ralph Gutierrez at 954-766-2570 He promised me that he would hook up everyone here on the forums. Remember that they are the direct distributors of the battery so there is no middle man involved which means you all save $$$. Just check the prices out at other retail dealers and then call them for the final price. I am sure that they will beat all other prices.

Heck they may even do a group buy type of thing if they get enough people involved.

P.S. They will also ship batteries out may cost a bit more but could still be worth while. I was just there on Friday guys/girls just say Derek with the bad PC680MJ battery for his Evolution referred you.

Derek

Last edited by Derek Baker; Mar 16, 2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Did any of you call Ralph to get prices ?

Derek
Old Mar 20, 2008, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Derek Baker
You can just call Ralph Gutierrez at 954-766-2570 He promised me that he would hook up everyone here on the forums. Remember that they are the direct distributors of the battery so there is no middle man involved which means you all save $$$. Just check the prices out at other retail dealers and then call them for the final price. I am sure that they will beat all other prices.

Heck they may even do a group buy type of thing if they get enough people involved.

P.S. They will also ship batteries out may cost a bit more but could still be worth while. I was just there on Friday guys/girls just say Derek with the bad PC680MJ battery for his Evolution referred you.

Derek
Well, I'm not in FL, but I'll give them a ring and see if their pricing is competitive even after shipping costs (no sales tax at least). Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
LOL! I'm in Florida and have been holding out on a mini battery. What an opportunity.

...now what vendor has the best battery tray ?

Last edited by SWOLN; Mar 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM.