Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RMR F'ing up again

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RMR F'ing up again

"Snip"

News & Events

•Congratulations to RMR Sponsored Evo Al Friedman who ran a 11.63 at 117 mph at the DSM Shootout this month making him the fastest Evolution 8 in the US and maybe the world. Al is running the RMR High Flow Street Legal Exhaust and Downpipe, the RMR Intercooler Pipe Kit, along with the HKS 3037S turbo kit provided by RMR. We are currently working with him on a few new items that we hope will put him in the 10's. Keep posted on that exciting event.

If cannot see any images above use this link to view the mailing in your default browsers, http://www.RMRproducts.com/mail/mailer_1.htm If you have received this email in error, please reply with remove in the subject heading

Well RMR is up to their shenanigans yet again.....the above text is a cut and paste from their newsletter. Which btw, happened to show up at BOTH my email addresses. Think someone there is trying to f*ck with me?

Anyway, I'm on phone with Al Friedman last night (we talk all the time), and said:

Shawn: "hey Al, you see the RMR newsletter?"
Al: "huh? what newsletter".
Shawn:"The one where you are sponsored by RMR".
AL: "WTF!! You're kidding me right?"
Shawn "No man, it's right there stating you are sponsored by RMR"
Al: "Why the hell didn't I get that email??"
Shawn: "Dunno man, but I'll forward it to you"
Al: "Thanks man, I can't believe this sh*t"

So I forwarded him the email, and man was he mad. I wont go into details, I'll just leave it at that.

Seems to me, a car sponsored by a shop means that they provide parts for free or at a heavily discounted price right? Well in that pic, I see only one sticker/decal, and that would be that of Pruven Performance. Where is the RMR decal, isn't Al sponsored by them?? Also, Al has no idea what is in the "works" so to speak. Anyone at RMR wanna share? Yeah right, you cant for legal reasons right? Whatever

Well here's the bottom line, Al bought some parts from them, paid full retail like any regular customer like yourself. I think he might of negotiated for one part either for free or at a reduced amount. RMR isn't the only place that sells the 3037 kit either. Basically they are taking credit for Al's fast time at the shootout. Also keep in mind Pruven has provided invaluable support to Al in the way of advice, tuning, wrenching, etc. Al and Pruven are the only reason for the success behind Al's car. RMR did nothing except swipe a credit card and throw some product in a box and ship it. Anyone can do that. It's a good thing they didn't wrench on Al's car, otherwise he might be like me and have his car at the dealership having a leakdown and compression test done, hoping to god his motor isn't blown up.

There are a lot of vendors/tuners out there, and in my opinion Pruven is right there at the top. I have a few of their parts, paid full retail, and have had 0 probs with them. Al's success thus far would of not come about w/o Pruven's support.

Keep up the good work Al and Dan/Pruven. We know who the real people are behind Al's car and the success it has accomplished thus far.

Shawn Glass
Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I got that email too. I did actually stop to question it for a minute but just assumed I didn't know their business with Al. I'm sure theres a reasonable explanation for it. $$
Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

That's an odd one for certain. I think it's gonna take some multivariable calculus to figure that one out.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:43 AM

Originally posted by MrMeaner
Yeah I got that email too. I did actually stop to question it for a minute but just assumed I didn't know their business with Al. I'm sure theres a reasonable explanation for it. $$
Yeah, they are trying to cash in one someone's else hard work. They need to stop taking credit for something they didn't earn...plain and simple.

Shawn Glass
Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The odd thing is they could have used anything other than "sponsored" and it would have been well...honesty.

If they said Al ran the time with a little help from his RMR exhaust that's one thing. I dunno...maybe symantics, but I think "sponsorship" is a bit inaccurate.

You know what they say...any publicity is good publicity.

And FWIW I happen to like RMR. I make no claims to anyone being the best, but my experiences with them have been friendly. I know you don't feel the same way, Shawn.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek
That's an odd one for certain. I think it's gonna take some multivariable calculus to figure that one out.
What's so odd & difficult to figure out, Hobie??? Unless someone out there is trying to frame RMR .... looks like they are trying to take all the credit. Just hard to believe that RMR could be that igorant and desperate. Geez what a bunch of fuc*in thieves man ... truly a piece of work.

Last edited by evo1; Aug 1, 2003 at 10:59 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek

And FWIW I happen to like RMR. I make no claims to anyone being the best, but my experiences with them have been friendly. I know you don't feel the same way, Shawn.
Same here. I haven't had any REAL problems with RMR either. However I do see Shawn's point with the email that was sent.
Also the only problem I had was with shipping and as soon as I orderred more parts they were quick to compensate me.

Originally posted by evo1

What's so odd & difficult to figure out, Hobie??? Unless someone out there is trying to frame RMR .... looks like they are trying to take all the credit. Just hard to believe that RMR could be that igorant and desperate. Geez what a bunch of fuc*in thieves man ... truly a piece of work.
Nothing is so odd and difficult to figure out. He was being sarcastic.

Last edited by MrMeaner; Aug 1, 2003 at 11:17 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by evo1

It was a joke.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Al can actual sue them for using his name with no consent.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

If you think they were trying to screw with you by sending you the newsletter 2x, you probably also have delusions of grandure and should be medicated. -- I am outlining the fact that the preceeding has been a joke....since people are missing obvious stabs at humor on this thread.

Whats more likely true is that they just sent the newsletter to every email addy in their inbox. And no one filtered to make sure that there was only one addy per name.

SC~

SC~
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EvoJimbo
I can understand how someone would get pretty upset at that. But personally I'd rather use it as a reason for getting more free **** for my car. It would be so much more trouble than it's worth. Plus, going through with a lawsuit that serious (false advertising is a big deal for businesses) could result in us losing a vendor that not only provides but makes goods mods. That's just my opinion though.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by EvoJimbo
Seeing that Al is a fully licensed and practicing attorney, I see that as a strong possibility. Also, I just got off the phone with him, I forgot to mention Dan @ Pruven is the one that drove the car to the 11.63 listed by rmr, so not only are they stealing Pruven's thunder, they cant even get the friggin facts straight!!

I'll know within the hour whether or not my motor is dead

Shawn Glass
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by MrMeaner

I can understand how someone would get pretty upset at that. But personally I'd rather use it as a reason for getting more free **** for my car. It would be so much more trouble than it's worth. Plus, going through with a lawsuit that serious (false advertising is a big deal for businesses) could result in us losing a vendor that not only provides but makes goods mods. That's just my opinion though.
Good vendor? Hey, you want to trade cars? Straight across trade, fully modified. Might need a new motor though.....

Shawn
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
Whats more likely true is that they just sent the newsletter to every email addy in their inbox. And no one filtered to make sure that there was only one addy per name.

SC~

SC~ [/B]
I would tend to believe that cept I never gave them my home email.....hmmmm?

Shawn
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Shawn Glass

Good vendor? Hey, you want to trade cars? Straight across trade, fully modified. Might need a new motor though.....

Shawn
I in no way think you don't have the right to feel the way that you do Shawn. Your story is known throughout the forums. However I haven't had the same problems you have and I'm greatfull for it. I do take others experiences into account before making decisions on products and vendors but having used RMR before your problems and after I would have to say I still think RMR is a good vendor.

Sorry about your ride Shawn.

Quick Reply: RMR F'ing up again