Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo almost got stolen...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad nothing happened, but yeah you should get an alarm before something does happen.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure they were checking to see if you had an alarm. Start securing your car because they will be back. BTW- do you work in North Jersey? It seems that places like Newark, Jersey City and Elizabeth are usually the areas that car thieves like to go car shopping. Get an alarm and anything else that makes it harder for them to break in. I can't even imagine how pissed off you feel.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Iam starting to think about getting and aftermarket steering wheel and like take it with me whereever i go when i leave.. better then any alarm if they try to steal the car
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I was thinking the same thing with the aftermarket steering wheel like Nardi. Dont know if that is better or like a 2-way alarm. =)
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

get an alarm. and i would recommend some tints if they do break the window it won't be such a mess. thieves suck.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

thieves are pathetic, get lojack or some ****. The steering wheel does sound like a good idea thought.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by benniboi08
Yeah I was thinking the same thing with the aftermarket steering wheel like Nardi. Dont know if that is better or like a 2-way alarm. =)
Get both so they are really screwed lol.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah get out of NJ, I used to live close to Somerville area which is direct access to all the main highways 287, 78, 22, etc....

I used to work at the mall and had a modded out Integra GSR (Theif magnet). EVERYDAY religiously I would park it backwards against the mall in plain sight at the mall I worked at @ the time, locked the face plate to my head unit in the glove, put my VAFC under the back of my dash, last but not least I would take the fuse to the ECU out of the car.

Sure enough it got broken into, steering column ripped apart and smashed to get access to the ignition. They couldnt get it started and I guess they figured it was a theft deterent in the glove and they snapped the handle off since it was locked.

Then they pushed the car out of the spot by hand and pushed it with another car to try and pop start it. They wound up pushing the car almost all the way around the parking deck and then finally gave up. Sucked big time, cops came and fingerprinted it and no luck.

In NJ they are pros when they actually want to steal your ride. Be careful and GL!

Pull the ECU fuse FWT and hide anything you have in the car that would make them want to break in. If you can get someone to block your car in that would probably help alot as well. Get lowjack, a clutch pedal lock, and aftermarket steering wheel, all as other options as well.

After all that I sold the car when i moved to florida to a friend and people still try to steal it from him with the fuse pulled, the club, the clutch lock and a 2 way alarm. He had to run outside with his .357 to scare them off they wanted it so bad!
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear your car wasn't stolen.You need to buy your co-worker a beer for saving your car!
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

you cant park anywhere and expect your stuff not to get touch if you think your to safe the next day your car will be gone. thats just how it is jersey new york florida and cali are the worst but it happens anywhere. coming from hondas that got stolen twice i no . there are prolly more stolen car threads on honda tech then we got evo x fourms right now no joke
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by philevo
It happened about a half hour ago...
I was sitting at my desk doing paper work and my coworker comes in and tells me there was 2 guys standing around my car with two other guys waiting in another car. My coworker stayed outside and waited until these guys left. When I checked the car everything was fine except hand prints on the windows and it looks like one of them dragged two fingers along one side of the car. I figured I was in a safe place because I park in front of the building and there are guys coming in and out of the building all day long.

I hate f*cking thieves
Me too!!

The DID get mine. Id take it as a sign. 2 way, gps locater, the club. All deterrents/prevention necessary. You don't want it to happen. I will have all this stuff on my X.

Just think if you had an alarm you coulda hit the panic button and they woulda took off.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by junction
Me too!!

The DID get mine. Id take it as a sign. 2 way, gps locater, the club. All deterrents/prevention necessary. You don't want it to happen. I will have all this stuff on my X.

Just think if you had an alarm you coulda hit the panic button and they woulda took off.
Priceless haha
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

buy a alpha lock... i live in newark and i have an alarm with an alpha lock... so even if they bypass the alarm somehow or you dont hear the alarm they cant move the car with an alpha lock on it...and they probably wont mess with it if they see the alpha lock on it...
Old Mar 17, 2008, 05:41 PM

I'm def. glad my car has an alarm. Every time i've had to park any where near downtown, especially the South Side and Strip district, my car will give me a beep code when i unlock it, of how many times it's gone off, and it scares me. Not to mention the hand and forehead smears all over the windows, eeewwwww.

Forget alarms, i'm just gonna buy a body guard to sit in it.

...Don't worry, i'll leave the window down for him on hot days.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 05:49 PM
Former Sponsor

You need a monkey in NJ

http://www.break.com/index/trunkmonkey.html

....yes im aware this has been posted 1000 times.... doesnt get old... lol

Cheers!