Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The way Dealerships should NOT do business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry The way Dealerships should NOT do business

Hey everyone, I’m new to this board and let me start off by saying that this is a great site and I appreciate all the information I’ve received from you guys.

Anyways, back to my story. I went to Miller in Van Nuys about 2 weeks ago to find out about their prices and payment options for the Evo. I have to tell you that I received the WORST customer service I have ever experienced in my life.
First off, I’ve read up on the Evo and know basic stuff about it and cars in general. When I asked the gentleman about prices on the Evo, they said the cheapest ones they had were selling for $47,995. Then he started to tell me that they have 300HP and over 310 ft. lbs of torque, which I knew was false, and he stated that because of there power that’s why they are so much. I told him that I was interested in purchasing an evo but I wasn’t looking to spend that much. Then I told him about other Mitsu dealerships around my area that are selling them around MSRP, hoping we could start to negotiate. He said that dealerships were not allowed to sell the Evo at MSRP because it’s a new vehicle. At this point I was getting very frustrated because I knew he was lying to my face and was insulting my intelligence. After asking for his name and business card, I asked him for an information packet about the evo and he said that they are reserved for serious buyers only. At this point I lost it. I started arguing with him over the fact that he presumed I was not a serious buyer. I became even more irate when after I told him that “Because of dealers like you, your would-be customers are now probably purchasing WRX’s, and I’m about to head that route.” He then told me “don’t bother, because if you can’t afford a Evolution, there’s no way you can afford a WRX. They cost more!” After this, I stormed out of the dealership cursing.
Has anyone else had problems at this dealership? The man that helped me was Vincent Curto, and yes, I wrote a long-*** letter to Mitsubishi about this problem.

Has anyone else been treated unfairly just because they are young??? Please don’t tell me I’m the only one.

Okay, I’m done venting. Sorry about that.

Anyways, I really appreciate your guys’ help with all the great info you’ve been posting.

~Jeremy~
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:30 AM
In Timeout

hey my car came stock with around 285 hp 300lbs tq.... =P
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Salepeople can be so ignorant. but I think that you losing your temper probably didn't help the already unforutnate situation.

In instances where I caught salespeople BS'ing, I called them on it....but not in an aggressive angered fashion. When they catch wind that you know more about the car than they do, they quickly stop singing their song.

If I were you, I would choose a different dealership. I'm pretty sure that Van Nuys lot is on our boycott list anyway.

Good luck!

SC~
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:38 AM

Man... talk about a bad dealership. Sorry about the bad experience man... Dont give in to the dark side tho.. an Evo is within reach... just gotta look around
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

What an amazingly ***-headed salesperson. I hope you get the treatment you deserve at the next dealership.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

yea don't worry about it...once you hear a ridiculous price....turn right around. Its not worth it...he is obviously ignorant of the facts (people are buying BELOW msrp now) and the car.

Send a note/call the sales manager and get his monkey *** fired

Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:50 AM

thanks for your replies. I wish I knew about the boycott list before I went to that dealership. I've talked to some other dealerships and i'm working on some great deals.
BTW Secret Chimp, I should of mentioned that I was calling his BS, but he kept going on. I should of just walked away, but I wanted to see if he would start to tell the truth. Unfortuantly, I have a short temper and I let it get the best of me.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 12:22 PM

i went to a Mitsu in arizona when i was on vacation, cant remeber the name of it, anyway. the sales guy told me that the EVO was limited to 200 in the US and that i would be lucky to find one under 60grand. and what a coincident. he happend to have 5 EVOs right there for 56785.99 and he said it was a steal. i asked how much power they put out and he said "put it this way, you can smoke a ferrari on the top end" i said wow really 200+ mph nice. then i said i thought the gov chip limited it to 157. right then he got quiet. i also said that 56785.99 was about 29grand over the list of the car which my friend had paid in california. the most overpirced state on earth. he said that he had to go to meet an appointment and said the he wouldnt be able to help me anymore. i also told him that 200 in the US was way ***n low and for a sh*thole like this to just so happen to have 5 was a farce he split so fast into the back rooms. i asked for the GM and conviently all the sales people even the Gm were unreachable. i said *** this really loud and split. so over arizona. i will see if my mom can get a picture of that sticker and post it up on here. hahahaha
Old Aug 1, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Re: The way Dealerships should NOT do business

Originally posted by Rav82er
Then he started to tell me that they have 300HP and over 310 ft. lbs of torque
Thats when you point at the window sticker where it says ENGINE TYPE.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

I know I should give peace a chance but I want to find a dealer to tell me this crap and call him out too!
Old Aug 1, 2003, 12:59 PM

**** like this pisses me off...i hate these dick head dealers that dont know **** about the car...every time i go 2 a mitsu dealer they know jack **** about the evo...the salesman i was talking to last week at the dealership said the evo was twin turboed...i corrected him by saying it was a twin-scroll turbo and he argued with me telling me i was wrong and that it can "go faster" than a z06 vette and ferrari! i too told him that it tops out at around 155 stock and he looked at me confused....retards....
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

lol, at costa mesa dealership, the first and only thing that kept popping out of thier mouth is "0-60 in 4.6 secs".....

I was listening to a salesjerk talk to a potential customer and heared "the hood .... is fiberglass..... and fenders......." (I basically cut right in) "uhh, dude, the hood and front fenders and aluminum, not fiberglass".... he and the customer he was speaking to looked at me and the salesman said to me, "who works here?" and I kinda smirked and and chuckled a second as i walked away, not saying a word.

All this and I was in some ragged shorts, and one of my machining t-shirts LOL....

most salesmen are such ignorant bastards it cracks me up.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:40 PM

i think that idiot salesman didn't like working there and was trying to get fired so he'ld get unemployment checks. lol
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

i have to give my sales man props. he knew i knew my stuff.. and would answer only what he knew. hope you all have the same expereince or better with an "educated" sales man
Old Aug 1, 2003, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Rav82er,

??? I went there a month ago (Miller at Van Nuys)... they were
willing to let me get one for nearly 2k off MSRP??... I didn't even
have to haggle...

They didn't have to car I want since most of them were equipped
with fugly small wings.... They didn't went to through the trouble
of comparing bolts on the trunk see if they could simply order a
different wing for me.... When I asked for the brochure, they
simply said "Go ahead, take it."..??? basically, they treated me
quite nicely...

I'm not sure what you did... who did you talk to??
I called and went straight to the sales manager.

Quick Reply: The way Dealerships should NOT do business