Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo to Mustang/Mustang to Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2008, 07:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TonyG
I have an 03 evo VIII and a supercharged 99 Mustang GT. The Evo is much more fun to drive in the curves, the stang is a much more fun to drive in a straight line. Here's a recent video I made showing how the stang pulls:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...mph_153846.htm

Both cars are very addicting to me, and I need both to get my fix of turning and torque.
Thats what I'm talkin bout !
Old Mar 21, 2008, 07:55 PM

My dad had a 2005 GT and it was okay from the factory but really pretty slow, a stock evo would blow its doors off. We put a procharger d1sc kit on it and it was way way faster but I still believe a stock evo would walk it. Then my dad recently bought a shelby gt500 and my stock evo mr will stay with it to about 65 or so easily without even launching the car. The evo fells way more stable as Mustangs handle bad (like any other rear wheel drive car)!
Old Mar 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by boostedspra
My dad had a 2005 GT and it was okay from the factory but really pretty slow, a stock evo would blow its doors off. We put a procharger d1sc kit on it and it was way way faster but I still believe a stock evo would walk it. Then my dad recently bought a shelby gt500 and my stock evo mr will stay with it to about 65 or so easily without even launching the car. The evo fells way more stable as Mustangs handle bad (like any other rear wheel drive car)!
I love evo's as much as the next guy but come on. An 05 gt runs 13's easy stock. Most stock evo's run 13's stock. Not exactly blowing the doors off. A procharged 05 gt generally makes at least 400whp (unless a real idiot is tuning it). No stock evo will walk a procharged gt if the person driving the gt knows how to push the pedal all the way down. A gt500 weighs about 4000lbs and makes about 430 or so whp and wow, you can hang till 65mph. Thats amazing lol. You are definitely right about the handling but get real about the rest. That procharged gt should have actually been faster then the stock gt500 if done right. I do love your car list though, thats some serious machines you got there.