Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ferrari 360 vs Evo IX (not a kill story)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J8dailo
people buy exotic for the baller status regardless of the performance....
of course if the OP was really ballin he would have not settled on a 360 but instead got a F430 & slapped on a Novitec twin S/C kit on it. or better yet, got a 599GTB & sent to Hamann for some massaging...

Old Mar 19, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

okay, he barely posted a few hours ago, he probably doesnt spend countless hours on the computer waiting to serve all your requests. Im not saying it doesnt sound like BS but i mean maybe he's out there working for his "balla" status.

By the way it does seem like he jsut inherited it, he never said anything about buying it...wow
Old Mar 19, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, maybe we should be consoling him. he could have just recently lost a loved one.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Nice review, I wanted one of those. It makes me feel better after reading your review
Old Mar 19, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eficker
So i recently came into owning a 99 Ferrari 360 Modena 6sp, against my will, might i add.

I also have an Evo IX with the basic power mods, suspension, blah blah blah.

I have to say, that I like the Evo better. Power wise, they are about even on pump gas. The different power curves, however, make the rarri seem slower.
Yes the power curve makes is seem slower but, its not.

The rarri feels detached. I dont feel like i have full control like the evo. The steering is way slower on the rarri, which i think adds to its horrible feel.
I disagree. The steering in the 360 is equal if not better than the evolution. It feels tight and nimble.

Simple things like seating position are not well thought out in the rarri. I mean, in a stock evo its pretty bad too, but put a lower seat in there and it couldn't get better.
Did you drive a coupe or spider? How tall are you?

The clutch on the rarri is less than user friendly, and i've never had anything but a stock clutch in the evo, but its not bad.
What is your definition of "user friendly". Are you talking about driving in traffic? Clutches are different on every car. You just have to get used to it. Yes, it might seem firm at first but, you will get used to it.

The evo on super racings feels much more planted and compliant (i'll admit it was setup fairly well). I'm sure the rarri could use a setup, but as it sits, it does not feel good.
LOL

One thing i will admit, the Ferrari sounds unbelieveable. And that is on stock exhaust. I have heard that straight pipes on that thing make it sound like an F1 car.
I agree with you

Another thing to note is that the evo is obviously a lot less expensive to maintain. The 360 had to visit the dealer (the only place you can have it serviced if you want to maintain the records) for a new clutch, timing belts, motor mounts, and a few other odds and ends including some warranty work. The bill was just short of $16k. That's a lot of money, i dont care who you are!
Its all relative. 3k on your evolution is the same as 16k on the 360. If you can afford a 120k+ exotic sports car the last thing on your mind are the maintenance fees. You have to pay to play.

I recently put a quaife, rebuilt the bottom end and put in a lightweight flywheel for about $3k in the evo. Of course i did most of the work myself, but that is not even an option for the 360. If you do, the resale goes through the floor.

Any day of the week, i would rather drive a stock evo with $5k worth of parts (bringing the total of a new car to around $35k, than drive the $120k Ferrari.

I'd like to get my hands on a GT3 and do the same comparison, but one of those hasn't been forced on me quite yet.

FWIW, I like the Evo.
These cars are not even in the same category. Front engine vs. rear engine, AWD vs. RWD, turbo vs. N/A. All of these aspects are going to make the car feel and perform differently.

I am surprised that you would take the evolution over the 360. If you get some time post up some pictures of your new ride and don't call it a rarri

That car deserves to have its full name used and capitalized
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NurSpecSupport
That car deserves to have its full name used and capitalized
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Man I am Still wondering how the car was forced on him
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

if it was an inheritance thing i can see y he would take it vs letting the STATE have it. if it's not something he wants he could always sell it!!!!!!!!!! the range for a 99 360 is between $87-120k. so if he's really unhappy (i highly doubt it) then he will part with it & get that GT3 he wants or if he's smart & wants a real driver's car he'll get the GT3 RS...
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Sox
Shenanigans?

2 funny lol

i'm going to put it in my sig
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:31 PM
JKD
Evolving Member

I'd like to drive a 360 just once!

Coming to TN soon, I'll take it off ya hands
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Man, I'd flush my any Evo for a 360 Modena!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
They have been hand making super cars for over 50 years. They have captured the image of prestige, beauty, and performance.

blow me
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eficker
So i recently came into owning a 99 Ferrari 360 Modena 6sp, against my will, might i add.

I also have an Evo IX with the basic power mods, suspension, blah blah blah.

I have to say, that I like the Evo better. Power wise, they are about even on pump gas. The different power curves, however, make the rarri seem slower.

The rarri feels detached. I dont feel like i have full control like the evo. The steering is way slower on the rarri, which i think adds to its horrible feel.

Simple things like seating position are not well thought out in the rarri. I mean, in a stock evo its pretty bad too, but put a lower seat in there and it couldn't get better.

The clutch on the rarri is less than user friendly, and i've never had anything but a stock clutch in the evo, but its not bad.

The evo on super racings feels much more planted and compliant (i'll admit it was setup fairly well). I'm sure the rarri could use a setup, but as it sits, it does not feel good.

One thing i will admit, the Ferrari sounds unbelieveable. And that is on stock exhaust. I have heard that straight pipes on that thing make it sound like an F1 car.

Another thing to note is that the evo is obviously a lot less expensive to maintain. The 360 had to visit the dealer (the only place you can have it serviced if you want to maintain the records) for a new clutch, timing belts, motor mounts, and a few other odds and ends including some warranty work. The bill was just short of $16k. That's a lot of money, i dont care who you are!

I recently put a quaife, rebuilt the bottom end and put in a lightweight flywheel for about $3k in the evo. Of course i did most of the work myself, but that is not even an option for the 360. If you do, the resale goes through the floor.

Any day of the week, i would rather drive a stock evo with $5k worth of parts (bringing the total of a new car to around $35k, than drive the $120k Ferrari.

I'd like to get my hands on a GT3 and do the same comparison, but one of those hasn't been forced on me quite yet.

FWIW, I like the Evo.
the gt3 is a whole diffrent animal,i drove one of my dads friends gt3 and it made the evo feel like a civic,and i had an 11 sec evo with full coilover suspension.........all right maybe not like a civic more like an accord

Last edited by bluebyu36; Mar 19, 2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebyu36
the gt3 is a whole diffrent animal,i drove one of my dads friends gt3 and it made the evo feel like a civic,and i had an 11 sec evo with full coilover suspension.........all right maybe not like a civic more like accord
I can definitely believe that I've always loved "porshe's" since I was little.. they can certainly tear a road apart
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

In for pics...

Sounds like a guy on the rsx forums who claimed he was given a lambo from his dad. He had pics but none of him with the car.

Quick Reply: Ferrari 360 vs Evo IX (not a kill story)