Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ferrari 360 vs Evo IX (not a kill story)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
housedj you messed my mind with those pics of the f430
Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

360's r just plain nasty in a good way! if you've ever seen a tuned one on a track you'll know exactly what i mean
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

oh come on the 5th page and this guy is still leaving us hanging. i wanna know the WHOLE story, and so does everyone else.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NurSpecSupport
That car deserves to have its full name used and capitalized

They have been hand making super cars for over 50 years. They have captured the image of prestige, beauty, and performance.

blow me
I wonder why people thing ferrari owners are douchebags?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if this guy lost someone, I am sorry. But, if he just dropped $16k on belts and mounts than hes definately not poor.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
I wonder why people thing ferrari owners are douchebags?
Some people think the same about Evo owners, i.e., that they think their car is better than any other car out there in the whole wide world
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

it is real, i saw it yesterday, i dont know why some 30 year old guy would come onto a forum and lie about this...
erich i bet one of the reasons the handling is so bad is because you are rollin on 20's!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

this thread was a let down
Old Mar 20, 2008, 04:41 AM

Ttiwwop
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, i never expected responses like this. Just trying to suggest how strong the Evo is, in case anyone was wondering. I'll answer any questions you want. I've quoted some peeps and hopefully that will make everyone happy.

Side note: I dont think I have any pics of me and the car, but here are the pics that i took to sell it: Here

And here is the eBay auction, incase anyone wants to buy it! lol.
ebay link

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
Please clarify how you "came into owning a 99 Ferrari 360 Modena 6sp, against your will" because I'm sure we are all dying to find out? Let me guess; somebody put a gun to your head and said take this Ferrari or I will blow your brains out. Obviously you have a fair amount of disposable income to put $16k into fixing your "rarri". If you really dislike it that much I'm sure someone on this board is willing to take it from you, including me.
Lol, no gun. A guy in CA owed me a lot of money and I talked him into handing it over. I'll admit that the circumstances may skew my perceptions a little, since i'd rather just have my money (the sale of the car will not cover the total amount owed, due to the lein, repairs, etc.). But i did try to base my findings on the driving experience.

Originally Posted by vial8or
plus, the modena's are paddle shifters. at least the one i drove, it was i think an 03
they get tons of attention too, real sexy looking, but i'd also pick my evo for power and speed
I'm the first to admit that the car is dead sexy. This one is a 6sp manual, not the F1 auto clutch/trans.

Originally Posted by badstainless
I calling Shenanigans till I see pics (with screenname in Picture) and explaination.
Like i said, no pics with me, but I have plenty along with the auction. I don't really care of you believe me or not, just my driving opinions in case anyone was wondering how the evo stacks up to an exotic.

Originally Posted by EvolvedGTI
I knew Eric when I lived in Utah. Stand up guy that I saw. If he said he has it, I believe him. Like everyone else, I would like to see pics though!
Hey man! Hows your car running?

Originally Posted by housedj
if it was an inheritance thing i can see y he would take it vs letting the STATE have it. if it's not something he wants he could always sell it!!!!!!!!!! the range for a 99 360 is between $87-120k. so if he's really unhappy (i highly doubt it) then he will part with it & get that GT3 he wants or if he's smart & wants a real driver's car he'll get the GT3 RS...
+1 for the RS. That thing is the sickness. Perhaps one day! If i get all my money back. Lol.

Originally Posted by NurSpecSupport
They have been hand making super cars for over 50 years. They have captured the image of prestige, beauty, and performance.
blow me
Gay, i dont care how long these guys have been making cars. They have a lot of people (including you) and people with too much money fooled. That thing is a kit car. The fit and finish is about as good as a Yugo. I'd rather have a car put together by a robot any day.

Originally Posted by rjdevo9_mr
360's r just plain nasty in a good way! if you've ever seen a tuned one on a track you'll know exactly what i mean
My good friend had a 360 challange and he had nothing but problems. $40k in repairs and a motor later he took a huge loss in selling it. It was fast when it was running, but i put more laps on my street evo than most race cars last season and I didn't have a single problem.

The simple truth is that the Ferarr (is that a better pet name) is over rated, IMO. You can like it or not, i dont care.

Last edited by eficker; Mar 20, 2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Solo II Evo
this thread was a let down
What were you looking for? A street race? A wrecked Ferrari into an evo? A$$.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I wouldn't believe a guy who drives an EVO that looks like this.

erich's EVO is very well set-up, he's just low-key. He makes good stock turbo power and his suspension was developed with one of the best EVO race shop in the country.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evobeatsti
it is real, i saw it yesterday, i dont know why some 30 year old guy would come onto a forum and lie about this...
erich i bet one of the reasons the handling is so bad is because you are rollin on 20's!
Lol. Thanks for the vouch. Yeah, the 20's aren't helping anything.

Saw your sig, dude, you dont want an innovate, buy the zeitronix, i think you'll be happier. I own both.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jid2@[BINARY]
I wouldn't believe a guy who drives an EVO that looks like this.

erich's EVO is very well set-up, he's just low-key. He makes good stock turbo power and his suspension was developed with one of the best EVO race shop in the country.
the DRINK!! lol. Thanks for propagating that pic one more time.

+1 for your seat brackets and [BINARY]. Shouldn't you have called it 01101010100101010001001011 though? rofl
Old Mar 20, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Well All I Gotta Say Is Good Luck With The Sale Man....

Quick Reply: Ferrari 360 vs Evo IX (not a kill story)