Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

But why evo!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i came from a 97gsx fully built with 20g and supporting mods. unfortunately i have 2 kids, so i needed 4 doors and the wife agreed to an evo. feels great.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by whitedsm97
i came from a 97gsx fully built with 20g and supporting mods. unfortunately i have 2 kids, so i needed 4 doors and the wife agreed to an evo. feels great.
Good for You! I still want to get a eclipse again. They are so pretty!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by whitedsm97
thats how i see it to if i decide to start a family 4 doors is a GREAT thing to have and why not have a turbo charged engine under the hood
Old Mar 19, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I use my old truck to haul all the parts for modifying the Evo and my DSMs.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:03 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Grenad3
BUT what were YOUR reasons for getting an evo over another car? TIA!!
I bought the Evo(s) for 2 reasons:

1. It offers performance and driving dynamics that meshes with my driving style better than any car I've driven, short of a GT3.

2. I love its almost singular expression of mechanical purity, visceral, raw feel, a scalpel-like ability to carve the road, predictability, combined with non-stop excitement. Driving out of the garage is an event!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its gorgeous, performance per dollar it cant be beat, and I got a killer deal on it. My aspirations aren't so high, so I actually own my dream car. I don't know many people who can say the same thing, and I'm still stock!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JKD
I don't like trucks. Go EVO for sure.
+1.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

becouse evos are so nice i love it too this is my dream car.....................for ever and ever............
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:37 PM

I actually traded in my s-10 to get my Evo, haha.
Fell in love with the Evo when i read an article back in '02 about them coming to the US.

4doors 5seats > 2doors 2seats
Turbo > stock 6cyl (boost is the most addicting thing out there)
AWD > 2WD (But if you do get a truck, get 4wd unless your lowering it)
Awesome > Not Awesome

There were my reasons
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

I think it matters where you are at in your life. I bought the evo in 03 living in a apartment. Then i got a house and all of a sudden i needed a truck for all kinds of stuff. Funny thing was my dad told me to get a truck also. He kept saying you are going to see what i mean when you get a house. I was like ya whatever i dont need a truck. Damn was i wrong. Lucky things worked out and i got a couple trucks now and my evo so all is good.

Chris
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

I had to get something better than a 02' Beetle. Of course the EVO was the next logical choice . It happened to be my dream car as well.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Owned nothing but all wheel drive 4g63 since before I got my license. The wife got hers first then I got mine and still have my fully built 91 gsx

Last edited by alwaysboostin; Mar 19, 2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 05:47 AM

My first car was a 98 Mitsu Galant. I didn't really care what I drove at that point, I was just happy to have a decent, working vehicle that didn't look bad. The first time I really got a good look at fast cars was from playing the Gran Turismo video games. I was hooked on a Skyline for a long time due to the possibilities of the car and the looks. Since they didn't sell them in the states, my interest waned after a while. I was just looking around the net one day and came across the Evolution series....my first thought was "That looks pretty bad ***..wtf is that?" And I liked it off of looks alone. It became my dream car and yet I knew nothing about it. Didn't know it was turbo, didn't know anything. Come to find out as the years go by, the few months before I purchase my first one I started doing my research. One thing led to another...I become an Evo owner. My first one was a Tarmac Black IX. Didn't respect it, thought I was invincible...well, my own recklessness, the snow salt, slanted shoulder, ditch and telephone pole showed me other wise. I was humbled for nearly a year as that was my first real accident. I was 24. I thought about it everyday for months. Scariest moment of my life.

Well, suffice to say. After I learned some humility, had a new found respect for the car and my own stupidity, I purchased another. That's my current '06 GG IX MR. And I'm still learning about the car, just not as stupid this time around.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
Here's the question:

Do you want to haul stuff, or do you want to haul ***?
Well said.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

I needed the best bang for the buck and I needed something fast from the factory. All my friends had dsm's and I never liked how they looked but I loved the way performed. When the evo came out I was still skeptical, I waited until the IX came out to finally buy one. The evo is everything I was looking for its fast, awd, it makes power with minimal mods, it looks aggressive, and it roomy inside.