Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

But why evo!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is a dumb question....lol evo or truck, evo or truck, evo or truck....hahaha EVOOOOO BROO!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tsi20gawd
I cant drive my big turbo DSM on the street much so I needed a new DD.

Bryan
wish i had that problem
Old Mar 20, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Because it was in the fast n furious tokyo drift...
Old Mar 20, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your dad probably is going to fall into two categories:

1) He wants you to get a truck so HE can use it
2) He doesn't want to feel like a dumbass for slow gas guzzling ride and so will bager you into getting one

Myself well owning my fair share of trucks 3 of them and having driven hundreds in my previous line of work I can tell you they are almost never worth it. Once you have a truck people sudden think you become the moving company and for what, so you can haul your jet ski to the lake a few times a year? Why not do what everyone else does and either use some POS to haul or barrow like your friends would :P
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:20 AM

The Evo was in Too Fast, Too Furious also...Thankfully, I was interested and owned one before either movie came out. **** you, band wagon!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

always wanted one but got the rsx before the evo was being sold in the states. once i paid off my rsx i bought my 06 gsr se. I do a lot of hpde and the evo has a much higher fun factor.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Fast, no attention from cops (wings off so its just a 4 door sedan to them), Awd, BOoOoOost!!!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:27 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Boostfiend
Because it was in the fast n furious tokyo drift...
That's why I bought my 2 Evos!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

my grandmother likes my evo more than my old 03 gti lol she says its more comfortable
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got an evo becuase my last car was an even bigger money pit and this car cost twice as much as my last car...
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

I was interested in the Evos when they first came out in 2003, but then my Subaru buddy filled my head with crap about them and I became really interested in the STI's. I drove one of the first Evo VIII's in the states and was pretty impressed with it but didn't like the turbo lag on it, it also had mods and wasn't tuned for them either. Then one day my buddy that had an 05 STI with intake, exhaust, downpipe and Vishnu reflash told me that the new Evo IX's were making as much power stock as he was modded. I didn't believe him until I was in the process of trading my 350Z for an STI or Evo. I drove the 07 STI and was really dissapointed in the power band and they wouldn't budge on the price and were pretty rude to me. My dad suggested we go look at the two remaining Evos that my Mitsu dealer still had. I was in the process of making a deal for the SE and they offered to let me drive it to seal the deal. I drove it and instantly thought back to what my friend with the STI had said and he was right, it pulled so much harder than the stock STI did and it felt just like his modded one. Had the car for a little over 3 months and am very happy I went with an Evo over an STI.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But why not?
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:49 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hell, if Camrys had similar street cred, I can't help thinking that many folks contributing to the thread would have opted for one instead.

Poseurs rejoice!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:42 PM

I grew up with V8 american cars. I have always like the sound of a V8 thumping under the hood. I never really like import cars too much. I started looking into what kind of power was being produced out of little 4 cylinders and I was amazed. I had an 02 4x4 Chevy Silverado with a 6 liter motor in it and it came from the factory with 300 hp. It is a lot of motor only making 300 hp. My little 2 liter is making 289 from the factory. I always liked the WRX's and the Evo's. I figured if I was going to make a change and get an import, I would get the best bang for the buck and get an Evo. Absolutely no regrets with my decision.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

i've grown up around german cars and a bunch of friends with subaru's... but i really think you get the most for your money with the evo even compared against the sti. more room and actually way more comfortable imo