Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

boo dealerships suck

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dealers FTL but i could see them not letting you. If you were serious you would have let them pull your credit.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see their point in not wanting to let you drive the car unless you are able to a willing to buy it. I know I wouldn't buy a car that wasn't virgin and never driven over say 20 miles at the most. That being said I drove up to my dealer were a bought my car (in the Evo) and they didn't want to let me drive theirs without all the crap even though I bought my Evo from them when I wasn't even looking to buy a car and just wanted to check it out and guess what I bought it. Well I told the sales guy to give me a call when they starting getting the MRs cause that is the one I would want anyway and we exchanged business cards. I am sure he will be calling me a wanting me to come check the car out cause these things just sit on the lots down here in Truck and SUV country.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i just test drove a 9 today w/ out anything..just walked in there and told them i want to drive the evo
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

A dealership hear told me I needed to put down a deposit to test drive the car. This is total bs. I went to a porsche dealership and told them I wanted to test drive a gt2 and the only one they had was on the showroom floor in the corner. The salesman told me he would be more than happy to get the car out so I could test drive it. Because the salesman treated me with respect, if I ever wanted a porsche, I would see him.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

actually it does affect your score negatively if you have too many requested(authorized) credit checks. The ones that are done by companies that send you credit card applications without your knowledge do not affect your score however.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
Who cares if they asked for a credit check? It doesn't have any ill effects on your credit rating and if your credit is good to go then why not?
depends....most credit checks by any retailer where you fill out an application/sign a paper counts as a hit against your credit....
Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
Who cares if they asked for a credit check? It doesn't have any ill effects on your credit rating and if your credit is good to go then why not?
Unfortunately, credit inquires hurt your credit score.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 92gsxbaltimore
actually it does affect your score negatively if you have too many requested(authorized) credit checks.
Actually, it only takes one to show up, but they may not count it until you do 2 or more. On the bright side though you have a 30 day window for credit hits. Basically, you could have 5 or 6 different credit checks by different companies, but you only get charged for one check/inquiry.....

Originally Posted by 92gsxbaltimore
The ones that are done by companies that send you credit card applications without your knowledge do not affect your score however.
correct.....