Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

boo dealerships suck

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boo dealerships suck

so I was down @ puente hills mitsu over here in socal and the guy gave me the keys and i thought i was going to take it out to see how it handled and he said that they only allow people to test drive the evos only if they get the credit checks done..

lamers still shopping
Old Mar 23, 2008, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

.... weird
Old Mar 23, 2008, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shinigami
so I was down @ puente hills mitsu over here in socal and the guy gave me the keys and i thought i was going to take it out to see how it handled and he said that they only allow people to test drive the evos only if they get the credit checks done..

lamers still shopping
did you want to buy it or did you just want to drive it? im in sales and that would **** me off if someone wasted my time.
sorry i didn't read your whole post. is southcoast by you? i think they have some nice deals.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Not really weird. There are a lot of immature people out there that just go to test drive cars for the hell of it. And, I must say, I am one of them. Minus the immature part. But, this way, stops from people like me driving the **** outta of their cars. Cuts the chance of something happening to a brand new/slightly used 30k car.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so im guessing you have bad credit since you made this thread.....

sucks to be you bro
Old Mar 23, 2008, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Who cares if they asked for a credit check? It doesn't have any ill effects on your credit rating and if your credit is good to go then why not?
Old Mar 23, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well everytime someone pulls your credit that can be againsted you and you score............and i never seen a place to allow people to test drive evos...........our cars are rare and yes people would drive the heck outta them before they was sold...
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I have to side with the salesschmeiser on this one too. They're not there to give free rides to everyone that wants one. They're there to sell cars. On top of that, how would you like to be the one that ends up with the car that a bunch of hooligans drove the **** out of?
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krazirob
well everytime someone pulls your credit that can be againsted you and you score............and i never seen a place to allow people to test drive evos...........our cars are rare and yes people would drive the heck outta them before they was sold...
You are actually wrong on this. If you have ever pulled your credit report from one of the three credit agencies you will see where there is a part that reports where companies pull your credit report but doesn't have any bearing on your overall credit score.

It is free to pull your credit report annually from each of the three credit agencies. What I do is pull one every four months from a different agency. Just go to annualcreditreport.com to do the same thing.

As far as a dealership allowing to test drive an Evo if you go in there looking respectable then most will allow you to test drive one. If their stipulation is a credit pull and if your credit is fine then so be it. I'm sure that younger looking drivers will have a harder time then older looking people looking for a test drive but that's just the nature of the beast.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:46 PM

no im looking for the perfect car for me I went with my mom because she has way more experience under her belt than I do with all the dealer tricks so she can call shenanigans when they try to pull some bs
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i despise my local dealership
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

:thumbsdown:
Old Mar 23, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

i test drove mine with out the salesman even coming, i couldve left and never came back if i wanted to... no deposit, no credit check, nothing, he barely even knew my name. although the car i drove to the dealership was still there.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by XIEvolutionIX
i test drove mine with out the salesman even coming, i couldve left and never came back if i wanted to... no deposit, no credit check, nothing, he barely even knew my name. although the car i drove to the dealership was still there.
Same here, I just went there was respectful and courteous and they let me take her for a spin without a credit check or deposit or anything.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:38 PM
Account Disabled

Yeah, thats weird. I test drove an MR SE and that was before the credit check.

Quick Reply: boo dealerships suck