Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Meth kit, or tires......lol

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meth kit, or tires......lol

So im sitting here trying to decide what i should do. My evo currently has "ok" tires on it, and they still have plenty of tread on them. However, they arnt really performance tires and when i launch, i spin them VERY easily. BUT im also looking at getting a meth kit. The only problem is, its one or the other, i cant do both right now. I think im just going to go with the new tires (Falken Azines 615) but i figured id get some input from you guys first.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
tires. if you get the meth kit = more power which in turn means more tire spin from crappy tires. power is only good if you can put it to the ground
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoooB
tires. if you get the meth kit = more power which in turn means more tire spin from crappy tires. power is only good if you can put it to the ground
Yeah that was my thought, its just sooooo tempting to go get more power
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
haha, yeah the thought of more power is addicting. but the way i look at it, get the tires for now and you can always buy race gas and turn the boost up until you get the money for the meth kit. a good temporary solution
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:24 AM

Id say tires, more power wont be any good if you come off the road. Having had a srt-4 i can also say power isnt any good if you cant put it down.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoooB
+1
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Not only do tires help performance, but consider safety. You'll increase braking and maneuvering, could mean the difference between getting into an accident or avoiding one.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

tires...
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

I had almost the same dilemma last year and I had to settle for tires.

It sucks but you'll have a peace of mind knowing that your tires can now handle the abuse that the car will deliver once you put that meth kit on .
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlueDemon
I had almost the same dilemma last year and I had to settle for tires.

It sucks but you'll have a peace of mind knowing that your tires can now handle the abuse that the car will deliver once you put that meth kit on .
+1 Tires before power
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait a few weeks and get the money for both at the same time =)
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:49 PM

You can never go wrong with spending $$$ on tires, then METH it...
Old Mar 23, 2008, 01:01 PM
Former Sponsor

I don't know, how bad are these tires ? If you have enough tread to last you 6 months then get the meth. If you put off the meth, then you may not try as hard to save. The tires are a neccesity so you will have to find a way to afford them when they are a safety concern. Just don't drive like a maniac around turns (you shouldn't even with new tires) and you'll be fine. Of course I feel the same as the others if we're talking about bald tires here. I certainly don't want anyone to drive on unsafe tires.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LONS200GT
I don't know, how bad are these tires ? If you have enough tread to last you 6 months then get the meth. If you put off the meth, then you may not try as hard to save. The tires are a neccesity so you will have to find a way to afford them when they are a safety concern. Just don't drive like a maniac around turns (you shouldn't even with new tires) and you'll be fine. Of course I feel the same as the others if we're talking about bald tires here. I certainly don't want anyone to drive on unsafe tires.
I could probably get another year or two out of the tires, they just arnt really high performance tires
Old Mar 23, 2008, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Well, if you like blasting through the turns more then accelerating hard through the straightaways then get the high perf. tires. If you like the power it sounds like your tires are safe, go for the meth. Tires can be had anytime and installed by just about anybody. Performance tires also wear out faster so by the time you save for the meth after buying the tires, you might need tires again! (probably not but maybe) I would live with your current tires until you can afford high perf. ones after the meth. You only buy a meth kit once, you buy tires over and over.

Quick Reply: Meth kit, or tires......lol