Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gotta Love Us Evo Owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one thing i noticed, the day after i bought my evo i went to the local meet. even though i was completely stock they made room for me on "evo street" 14 evos ranging from mine to some pretty impressive setups.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

The evo owners in my area are cool too. If I see them on the street I get a then I give a right back
Old Mar 24, 2008, 05:41 AM
Account Disabled

Where in pa u from bud???
Old Mar 24, 2008, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's funny in Slovenia, there's really not a lot of evo's but there's quite a few STi's around. And I get a wave/HID/hornbeep every time I see another evo and usually a friendly wave by the STi's too. But as I said - overall cars like these are quite rare. It's mostly BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's as the "uber cars" but there's so many of them they just blend in with the crowd
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:04 AM

It's the same with Jeep Wrangler/Rubicon owners as well as most bikers. Two crotch-rockets will wave to each other, Harley's will wave to each other...a crotch-rocket-Harley sometimes wave, other times ignore...sorta the same thing with Evo-STI....although every time I see an STI and they see me, we both wave. I've never had one ignore me that saw me. Took off in traffic against a STI a couple weeks ago, I ended up turning left and he went straight. Light turned red though and he honked and waved at he went by and I turned.

I've so far, never had an evo or STI blow me off. They've all waved or honked that's seen me. Corvettes, Porches, etc just ignore me like I'm invisible. ***holes...
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
yeah, i hope this is stay this way, even when the price of the Evos will go down.....
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by daisaw1219
evo owners are the biggest a-holes in the world....most of them flick u off when you say hi.....im sad to say but suby owners are 10x more friendlier....haha
i've never had any bad experience w other evo owners, either we wave, flicker lights honk w.e. Even while parking at random places people come up and say oh i got an evo 2 and we start talking. FL evo owners are pretty nice sorry for the idiots dat flick u off.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kainvorador
I've so far, never had an evo or STI blow me off. They've all waved or honked that's seen me. Corvettes, Porches, etc just ignore me like I'm invisible. ***holes...
No worries, like I said, the Porsche owners are the same way to me... No worries, if I'm ever in MD I'll wave Its always the Evo owners that look at me funny or ignore me though, unless they're one of the Evo's in Utah posters.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I normally flash my fog lights because its still cold and i have tints so u cant really see my hand... if its summer time ill give you the index finger
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i was also amazed how other evo owners waved at me too! i'm from PA (philly) also

brotherly love from philly and the brotherhood from the evo owners makes me a happy man.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by daisaw1219
evo owners are the biggest a-holes in the world....most of them flick u off when you say hi.....im sad to say but suby owners are 10x more friendlier....haha
Your town booed Santa Clause so that doesn't surprise me....I wave at both Evo and STi drivers and I usually get a wave back if they see me!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Very friendly local Evo community around here. My neighbour down my street has a white IX and we occasionally cross paths in the morning or afternoon. I think Evo guys are more humble than some other popular performance vehicle owners (Won't mention any brands/models )
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

most of the evo drivers I wave to have no clue whats going on even if I beep at them, they act like a harda** and do the whole look straight ahead and don't turn their heads lol There are a few who return the favor though
Old Mar 24, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Here in NH I don't see many Evos. In fact since I bough mine 6 mo ago I only saw two so far. Maybe cause the weather sucks here. Hopefuly I will see more Evos on the road once it gets warmer. Proud to be part of the Evo community.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Local Evo's and STi's around here are pretty friendly for the most part also. Rarely you run into that one guy with his ego-emissions off the charts. Oh well. Welcome to the addiction.

Quick Reply: Gotta Love Us Evo Owners!!!