Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gotta Love Us Evo Owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta Love Us Evo Owners!!!

Just wanted to say a little something about us evo owners. I love having my evo and seeing other evo owners. Before the evo I had a worked civic hatch and people are always wanting to race and talk **** on you, but today I realized what a great feeling it is to have an evo. So today it was gorgeous outside so decided to take the evo out for a good before summer rally to grams for easter haha but when i was coming home getting on I-80 in PA around the Pocono area and noticed the amazing sight of EVO hids and it brought a smile to my face and i slowed down to greet him and his gorgeous evo.

I just wanted to share this with all you guys/gals iam new to the evo community and all i could say is good things very respectful I love it!!!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:22 PM

cool
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My local evo owner always give me a thumbup everytime we see each other out on the road.

Hondas owner act like they gonna steal my honda...
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

im kinda new too and ive been noticing that too! its like something we have in common right off the bat... which is our cars. love to see peoples reactions tho when you drive by as an 18 year old i love all the attention hahaha
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Most evo owners do wave back when i wave....
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

evo owners are the biggest a-holes in the world....most of them flick u off when you say hi.....im sad to say but suby owners are 10x more friendlier....haha
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by daisaw1219
evo owners are the biggest a-holes in the world....most of them flick u off when you say hi.....im sad to say but suby owners are 10x more friendlier....haha
Yea sorry I never had that problem
most STI owners turn there had and ask themselves
"dammit those evo's are so nice why did I let billy talk me into buying this"
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

im happy to say i rapped an sti! haha nothing against them, but it was fun
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I've always noticed the WRX and STI guys looking at our cars like they wish they would have bought one.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

It is nice to own an Evo. My boys wish they owned one. Instead, they own a SRT-4 and a STI. I just smile at them and say, "you do you so, imma do me!"
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Everytime I wave at Evo owners they look at me real funny... As long as we're going the same way then I get in front for a second and they pull next to me again and smile and wave (I have an Evo related plate on my car still ).

Actually that's not even true. Almost all of us here in Utah know each other pretty well. I used to know all the S2K guys too when I went from that to the Evo, but all of them that I knew either moved away or got new cars.

But I do miss the camaraderie, you name the car that is most driven by the most *******s, and you'd be right (Safe to say I don't consider myself one of them). But everytime I give a nod or a wave or whatever to another Porsche owner other than the 2 guys I already knew that owned em (my uncle and his friend), I always get looked at with a more cold shouldered/*******/etc look than you've ever seen. Maybe its because I look so young, but still, no one says you have to be middle-aged or higher to own a Porsche. (hence the "Drives:" statement on the left ).

Last edited by UT_Evo; Mar 23, 2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Here in Tx there's a big evo meet and alot of evos around Im glad I bought my.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I noticed this the FIRST day i drove my evo to work, i saw a dude driving a red evo get on the freeway up ahead of me. I sped up next to him and before i could give a waive, the guy waived and gave me the thumbs up. Made me feel good since mine is stock for the most part and his was really modded. We cruised together till i got off at my exit.

Evo family ftw!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mistaken
I noticed this the FIRST day i drove my evo to work, i saw a dude driving a red evo get on the freeway up ahead of me. I sped up next to him and before i could give a waive, the guy waived and gave me the thumbs up. Made me feel good since mine is stock for the most part and his was really modded. We cruised together till i got off at my exit.

Evo family ftw!
That is exactly what it is. I drive a heavily moded GSX, and everytime i see an evo on the road, i give a waive or a thumbs up and i have always gotten one back. It is really weird how we are all on another level then other car owners. Very respectful guys.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Evo guys here are mostly nice. the sti guys are really stuck u though.. oh well.

Quick Reply: Gotta Love Us Evo Owners!!!