Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Recall info. [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did same as oak, he told me if i was concerned, he would have the master tech ride with me to check any problems.... also he would do the sealant work if need be
Old Jun 2, 2004, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

good 'ol friggin mitsu.....

last october i went to the dealer in Irvine, CA to have this fixed. They had it for 3 hours and said everything is fine. I asked them if they had to use any sealant, they said no..... my particualr car does not have the harness corrosion problem.

I moved to Milwaukee, WI 3 months ago. Its been raining alot here the past 1 1/2 months.. about a month ago I started to notice a FOUL *** smell in my car... could not find where it was coming from. I eventually found that my passenger side floor was soaked front to back, and mold and mildew was the culprit of the stench.... It this point I am pissed royally.

Went to my local dealership. They told me they will seal the leak up and "vacuum" the moisture from the floor. I told them they are going to replace my carpet too, the mildew and mold buildup will never go away unless the whole carpet is lifted and the whole inside of the floorboards are cleaned and that damn stanky carpet is REPLACED, not to mention all the RUST that will appear under there..... They said they will not lift the carpet, or replace it...

......another call to the main for a complaint. This is getting to be such bull****
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:20 AM
Account Disabled

what about IL???lol
Old Dec 16, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

I Have 38 K On My Stock Clutch Hmm I Guess Americans Are Bad Drivers
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apex_silver
I Have 38 K On My Stock Clutch Hmm I Guess Americans Are Bad Drivers
how in the hell did you find this thread .... it's as old as evom itself
Old Oct 19, 2009, 03:23 PM
DGS
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by red evo8
how in the hell did you find this thread .... it's as old as evom itself
To make things even weirder, I just got a call from a local Mitsu dealership about a new recall on my '03 EVO 8 (bought new) --- for an emissions sticker.

Heck, I still haven't gotten the gross weight sticker replaced.
One dealership ordered it, but never called me to pick it up, and then they turned into a Saturn dealership. (Really bad business move. )

(FWIW: 20+K miles on (hopeless) factory clutch.)

Last edited by DGS; Oct 19, 2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:11 AM

I know I am bringing back this old thread but I am hoping someone can help me. I purchased a 03 evo about 4 months ago and recently the clock and radio stopped working. I searched and found this thread and pulled back the drivers side kick panel and there is a ton of corrossion and some burnt wires! I called Mitsubishi and they said there are no recalls but i find that hard to believe since several people have had the same issue. Do I have to suck it up and pay for it out of pocket or is there anyway I can get them to cover the cost? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by K2b84
I know I am bringing back this old thread but I am hoping someone can help me. I purchased a 03 evo about 4 months ago and recently the clock and radio stopped working. I searched and found this thread and pulled back the drivers side kick panel and there is a ton of corrossion and some burnt wires! I called Mitsubishi and they said there are no recalls but i find that hard to believe since several people have had the same issue. Do I have to suck it up and pay for it out of pocket or is there anyway I can get them to cover the cost? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Not sure about the burnt wires but the thread is https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/in...s-how-fix.html
Other than the burnt wires you can fix most of it yourself for pretty cheap.