Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Recall info. [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2003, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my dealer parts guy just called back....i'm going in saturday. Supposedly not all cars have this problem, they are just going to do an inspection that takes about 10 mins, if they notice that the seal is bad or anything has started to corode, then they order the parts and you have to come back to get it fixed, not really a big deal. Hopefully mine is ok, i don't want those dealers poking around in my car!
Old Aug 4, 2003, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

The recall # is C0303H
Old Aug 4, 2003, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

I have 11600 miles on my clutch....I don't think I drive like Miss Daisy?
Old Aug 4, 2003, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

of course i'm going to get flamed for this one...

I believe the clutch is fine, dumping the thing will kill it, and kill it quick. Feathering is different. Not only that but the way you shift can cause premature wear. I believe many of the people with the clutch issue have it because of something like that, not because it's a junk clutch. If you go buy a honda civic with a clutch that should last 80000 miles and do 7k drops, that **** will be gone in a week....now imagine when you do that and the wheels don't spin....it's even worse. If you plan on keeping the stock clutch you have to shift respectfully.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 02:03 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by blue rocket
of course i'm going to get flamed for this one...

I believe the clutch is fine, dumping the thing will kill it, and kill it quick. Feathering is different. Not only that but the way you shift can cause premature wear. I believe many of the people with the clutch issue have it because of something like that, not because it's a junk clutch. If you go buy a honda civic with a clutch that should last 80000 miles and do 7k drops, that **** will be gone in a week....now imagine when you do that and the wheels don't spin....it's even worse. If you plan on keeping the stock clutch you have to shift respectfully.
I disagree. My clutch is fine at 8000mi but what you are saying fits a non-high performance car. I expect the tires to last 5000mile but 30000mile on a hard driven clutch sounds about right. It's not like people like burning thier clutch to a point that it looks like tire smoke but it should be strong enought to last more than 10,000 miles If you followed , you would of known there was an installation or design flaw on the evo 7's causing clutch wear at 5000mi on a normally driven car. I think it was lancer register.com but for some reason the site is down
Old Aug 4, 2003, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

just got back from the dealer......all wires are ok and got the whole bottom of the car resealed...cant turn on a/c or wash for 4-6hours.......no bigge......told u guys there was one...dont wait for a letter to come in the mail it might be too late and youll propbably with out a evo for 5-6days of work while they play with your car........it doesnt take long to call and give your vin#....im just trying to help you guuys out i dont care anymore i already got mine taken care of.....Jesus such question for a simple recall thread just call for yourself DAMN
Old Aug 4, 2003, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

It's kind of amusing that only 25% of the posts on this topic are actually related to this recall. The rest are about the clutch.

I have an appointment on Friday, thanks for the heads up!
Old Aug 4, 2003, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

I have an appt. for friday also. thx for the info.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

called the dealership and asked if they have word of the recall, and they said yes. he just wanted to schedule an appointment, diddnt ask for VIN# .. so Wed. this week its going in
Old Aug 4, 2003, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

I called my dealer, peachtree mitsubishi, today.. they never heard about the recall. I'm calling mmsa tonight.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

As for the recall... whoever has it done let us know what exactly the dealership did to fix it, and post a pic or two.

I am not taking mine in due to the mods on the car, including the spliced in SAFC, but am curious as to what exactly is getting fixed.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Just called MMSA and confirmed the recall number is valid. I'm calling my dealer in the AM to setup an appointment.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 03:29 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Tehnically, wouldn't they have to perform the recall regardless of what you have on the car?

Recalls aren't part of the warranty, right?

Mark
Old Aug 4, 2003, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mad_VIII
Just called MMSA and confirmed the recall number is valid. I'm calling my dealer in the AM to setup an appointment.
Dude, you were doubting me? I would never joke around about recalls.

I called this morning and the service dept. at my dealer didn't know what I was talking about so I called Mitsu and got the # from them.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

WTF??? Is this post suppose to be about the wiring harness or the freakin clutch. If it's the clutch, post somewhere else. I am trying to find out info on the real recall!!! Quit freakin hyjacking the post!

Quick Reply: Recall info. [MERGED]