Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Recall info. [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2003, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
people like to beat horses!! especially dead ones!
Old Aug 4, 2003, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

STAY ON THE RECALL SUBJECT!!!!!
Listen all there doing on the whole underbody of the car is cleaning off all the old seals where harnesses com into the body for different electric parts and resealing it with new silicone.....thats all to avoid water and humidity corroding the harnesses in time...its to prevent future problems electricaly...... 's robots didnt do a good job on the evo or outlander...thats what it seems like....so they called a recall on both cars but its the same recall for both.....I saw they tech do the whole car infront of me......well at a safe distance "where the sign says employess only beyond this point" very simple recall took about a hour....nothing with changing any harness or o2sensor or anything just resealing the whole bottom of the car again...remeber after the recall no car wash or A/C for 4-6hours so the sealent can dry.....just as a reminder
Old Aug 4, 2003, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

So its all undercar work? Nothing inside or in the engine compartment?
Old Aug 4, 2003, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo8usa

Dude, you were doubting me? I would never joke around about recalls.

I called this morning and the service dept. at my dealer didn't know what I was talking about so I called Mitsu and got the # from them.
No man, I was doubting my dealer that told me they didn't know anything about a recall. I called mmsa just to be %110 sure so when I call my dealer in the AM I can tell them I already talked to mitsubishi and the recall number is XXXXXXX!
Old Aug 4, 2003, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

yes all under the car and he just check the seals in the doors and firewall....but all the resealing was done uner the vehicle ......he didnt even pop my hood open....theres no need to, the problem is the harness's that come from under the car to the interior not from the engine compartment to the interior.....
Old Aug 4, 2003, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mad_VIII

No man, I was doubting my dealer that told me they didn't know anything about a recall. I called mmsa just to be %110 sure so when I call my dealer in the AM I can tell them I already talked to mitsubishi and the recall number is XXXXXXX!
Ooops, my fault!

I apologize.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

just called my dealer and they say there is no recall what so ever...

i've spoken to the service manager about this.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Then your dealer needs to get their head outta their asses. haha
Old Aug 5, 2003, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

LOL.

I think that's what I am going to tell them.

But I've called Mitsubish motors and they told me the same thing.
No recalls on the car as of today.

WTF!!
Jake, if you're reading this did you find anything about this?
Old Aug 5, 2003, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

That's messed up. I called a few days ago to Mitsucars in Cali, gave them last 8 digits of the VIN and sure enough, recall.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just confirmed that there is a recall for Evo. It's issued on Aug 1 so some dealers might not aware of it if they didn't check in the past few days.

If you wanna check if your car is affected by this recall you can just give them the list 8 digit of your Evo's VIN and they can tell you right away.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Ooops, my fault!

I apologize.
No problem man

Dude, I swear to be a dealer here you have to be in denial. I emailed the service manager last night with the recall number and the fact that mitsubishi already told me my car was affected and he still did not believe me. I asked him to call mitsu....

I called another dealer who knew about the recall, but had no clue what the "Pit Pass" was, he even asked the service manager (I heard him talking to him while i was on the phone) and he had no idea what it was either... they wanted to charge me for a 10,000 mile service... After I explained that if they sell evo's they probably should know what the pit pass program was all about and asked him to go figure it out then call me back... he finally went and talked to the sales guys and figured out what it was and called me back.... Man I'm getting tired of having to explain things to dealers that they should already know
Old Aug 5, 2003, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

I think the enthusiast is going to know more than the people at the dealership 99.99999% percent of the time!
Old Aug 5, 2003, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the enthusiast is going to know more than the people at the dealership 99.99999% percent of the time!
Couldn't agree more, that's why we're enthusiast and they're not!
Old Aug 5, 2003, 06:23 PM

I just went to the mitsubishi dealer around me today to make sure everything was good with the car so far (seems to be ******* on me especially since I can't run fater then a 14.xx in the quarter). But anyways, they didn't even bother running the VIN numbers on mine for the recall, they just did all the checks to make sure. I do know that they were just notified of this on monday so it might still take some time for dealers to get aorund to it.

Quick Reply: Recall info. [MERGED]