Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Recall info. [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2003, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just came back from the Tustin Dealership and they sealed everything up without even checking.... they just did it. I was in and out of there in 1 1/2 hours.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Now I have to remove my MBC and AEM Filter and take it to the dealership tomorrow!!!
Old Aug 6, 2003, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Can you take the car to any Mitsu dealer to have it re-sealed, or do you have to take it to the dealer where you bought it from?
Old Aug 6, 2003, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ReHeat
Can you take the car to any Mitsu dealer to have it re-sealed, or do you have to take it to the dealer where you bought it from?
Don't need to go to the dealer you got the car from, but on the safe side it's better to go to the ones that know what pitpass is
Old Aug 7, 2003, 05:35 AM

Originally posted by evo8usa
The recall # is C0303H

Just confirmed with 888-mitsu-2002....except the number they gave me was C03033H Least I found out before I brought my car in their today anyway.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

I called Mitsubishi - it doesn't apply to my EVO

I just got off the phone with Mitsubishi. They ran the last 8 numbers from my VIN as said there were no recalls for my vehicle.

So I'm a little confused with the conflicting information we are getting. The NHTSA web site says the recall applies to the Outlander.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Dale is right I called my dealer again and the recall is for the Outlander. The ones that got "recall stuff"done to the cars probably got it done just because. Until I hear from Mitsubishi themselves or I read it in the media it is all premature panic ****.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:24 AM

It is only for a series of cars, not all Evolutions...if they ran your VIN and no recall showed up, then you don't have to worry about it - simple as that. Personally, I called AND was standing right next to the service manager when he ran my VIN...so it's not "panic ****."
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Dealer ran my VIN - no outstanding recalls

They printed out a sheet called a Service Vehicle Inquiry. It lists a bunch of stuff about the car and it has a place for open recalls, which is blank for my car.

I saw on another thread somebody wanted to find out the date their car was built. That is listed on the printout. My car was built on 4/11/2003.

I guess it is possible that some EVO's that were built at a different time might genuinely have a recall even though mine does not.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mad_VIII

No problem man

Dude, I swear to be a dealer here you have to be in denial. I emailed the service manager last night with the recall number and the fact that mitsubishi already told me my car was affected and he still did not believe me. I asked him to call mitsu....

I called another dealer who knew about the recall, but had no clue what the "Pit Pass" was, he even asked the service manager (I heard him talking to him while i was on the phone) and he had no idea what it was either... they wanted to charge me for a 10,000 mile service... After I explained that if they sell evo's they probably should know what the pit pass program was all about and asked him to go figure it out then call me back... he finally went and talked to the sales guys and figured out what it was and called me back.... Man I'm getting tired of having to explain things to dealers that they should already know
Mad...

this is one of the lowly downsides of owning a mitsubishi product. My car has a jan. build date and I personally have not even bothered with the recall yet. Its just not worth the effort. I'm waiting for mine in the mail. These mitsubishi dealers (most of them) just plain suck in my opinion.

There are 2 of them in CT which dont even carry alignment machines...they outsource alignments to town fair tire of all places. (The last place I would EVER have touch my car)

The dealership I bought my car from....has a program where if you bring in your JD Power survey sheets into the dealership and have THEM fill it out with 10's across the board...they will give you a free gas card.

Real nice huh?

How Pathetic...
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by spyderturbo

The dealership I bought my car from....has a program where if you bring in your JD Power survey sheets into the dealership and have THEM fill it out with 10's across the board...they will give you a free gas card.

Real nice huh?

How Pathetic...
Interesting. Mine mentioned this to, but when I came back and brought it up they acted like they had no idea of what I was talking about.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:02 AM

Instead of spending their money on gas cards they should just improve there service. Then they would not have to offer anything for free. My dealer still has not heard about a recall.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Does this recall only affect certain evo's? I just got off the phone with the dealer and they were aware of the recall, but when they ran my VIN, they said my car wasn't affected.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 02:17 PM
In Timeout

Let me know how it goes, I am in atlanta as well

Originally posted by mad_VIII
I called my dealer, peachtree mitsubishi, today.. they never heard about the recall. I'm calling mmsa tonight.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Thoe99
Does this recall only affect certain evo's? I just got off the phone with the dealer and they were aware of the recall, but when they ran my VIN, they said my car wasn't affected.
Yes, that applies to some, but not all, Evos. I've made an appointment this Fri and if they allow me to take pics I'll do so and post it here.

Quick Reply: Recall info. [MERGED]