Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Quest for 9's... Buschur Racing FTMFW!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:25 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One real area of concern that will dictate legality in the NHRA rule book: The plate(s) need to be welded ALL the way around. In your case the rear plates are not. This is mostly considered a roll bar and not a cage. It will be up to the discretion of the tech gurus at your locally sanctioned track.
IMH and professional opinion, Your rear braces should be straight for added main hoop support. The pics show 2 obvious bends on each brace but there may be a third in the rear that we don't see. I would have advised against such a design. My 2 cents.

Good luck with the car it looks great and should make good power.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
evo8ltw, see, we can have a discussion without a war We both spoke our minds, you will have your opinions and I will have mine.

evolunchbox, my car is scheduled to go in for the same thing you just got in about two weeks. If I didn't feel it was the best plan I wouldn't have done it in your car and certainly wouldn't do it in mine.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse here, but I was just looking at the Redline Time Attack rules for tires and happened to notice that, although they don't require a roll bar, if you DO have a roll bar it has to comply with the specs that they provide. Among those are that the rear supports for the main hoop cannot have any bends.

So, if you do this style of cage, you will be DQ'd from participating in any Redline Time Attack in Street class or otherwise.