Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thank You For Saving My Life....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the OP, I'm glad you walked away. That would've been hell. If it was me in that big truck I would've pulled over to make sure you were okay. A car vs a semi, I'd never wish on anyone. If every truck driver owned an evo, than he would never NOT see one! They always stand out in my mirrors!

Originally Posted by evozakk
I am glad to hear you are ok.. I got ran into the center divider by a semi.. but I slid into his trailer after he cut in front of me.. Most of them dont pay any attention...
I drive a semi everyday, and I agree. Sometimes it is not a matter of drivers not paying attention though, plain and simple, it takes alot more time and effort to move a 75 foot long vehicle, so the factors of cars in blind spots changes constantly. There are alot of bad drivers, in cars, and in semis, and some truck drivers do have the big rig complex. I get cut off in my semi by ***holes in other semis everyday.

Originally Posted by c_sautter
Those truck drivers just aren't what they used to be.
I agree 100%! They'll give a CDL to anyone now days.

Originally Posted by Evo2k6Lee
A good rule of thumb when driving near those big semi trucks is - if you can't see their mirrors, they can't see you.
Very good rule, and another thing to keep you safe around a big truck, if it is raining, please turn your lights on. Those mirrors are very hard to see out of when the spray is blowing off the trailer. Having your lights on could be the difference between making it past that big truck, or having him change lanes on you and not even knowing you are there.

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Truck drivers can't see everything behind them. There are times when a driver will look back, see nothing, start moving over, and then there's a car there. It happens.
Again, I agree.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

glad you're alright, God was really looking over you as He always does
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by linden
Your first line simply prooves my point exactly. All the "statistics" support my proposition that the fault for this accident was the OP's. And his insurance company will agree. Nothing more nothing less. No assumptions. Just the facts.

You make no sense. Statisics shows data which consists of all of the the gentlemen has just mentioned: Accidents, theft, etc. If you do know how much you pay for insurance, and you know the reason why, why are you complaining?
you drive a 4.8 sec 0-60 car that sells for 36k at most when it was new. Not many cars are capable of the same abilities the evo can. Stop complaining about insurance, I think the majority of this forum who do own evo's, are already suffering from the cost of insurance. Considering you drive many fast cars and been to the track many times (assumed from your statement) , maybe its time to re-examine on what your priorities are if your still complaining about insurance cost. Buy a Camry.

I don't care how old you are, You don't know how old I am, I could be older than you with poor grammar, or a child with decent grammar. Now tell me Ms. Cleo, how do you know how I drive? your saying, I speed and cut off trucks giving them no room for clearance?

You= Fail.

Don't own your self any more than you already have. It's pitifull to continue to hear your little rant.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Its a good thing you and the car were ok. I know that the roads back there are wide open on the freeways so anything could of happened. We are just happy you are Safe. Good luck in the future.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Linden, Sorry i havent had time to respond back to your immature posts. I have a life and i dont troll around on a forum and try to make 19 year olds feel bad. You're a dumb b*tch and if you can't pay the insurance THEN GET A DIFFERENT CAR! Who are you to judge me? you know nothing about me. You talk all big and bad on the internet but i would put money on it that if you ever came to Arkansas and tried to say that crap to my face and tell me that its MY fault your sorry *ss cant afford to pay for YOUR sh*t, you would get knocked the hell out. I almost lost alot more than my car the other day and all you care about is your insurance? f*ck you! if you were to get on here and tell me that your wife and kid were ran off the road by a semi, do you think i would say "well its her fault, she shouldnt have been messing with the kid in the back seat while she's driving!"???? hell no! you are an arrogant ******* and you think just because you live in boulder, colorado and drive an m3 that you are better than everybody? Well you're wrong! get another job if you cant afford to pay for your insurance b*tch! its people like YOU who dont stop to help people in a wreck because it was "THEIR FAULT" right? you're the ******* who rubbernecks and says "damn kids, the are costing me money!" As un christ like as my post has been, I apologize and I'll pray for you. I can't believe someone would be so cold about such a thing. I didnt post the thread asking or you to feel sorry for me, i posted to tell my story, for awareness about families.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 01:30 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by linden
Your first line simply prooves my point exactly. All the "statistics" support my proposition that the fault for this accident was the OP's. And his insurance company will agree. Nothing more nothing less. No assumptions. Just the facts.
All that the statistics indicate is that Evos have a disproportionate number of accidents, thefts, and other claims against them, typical of every inexpensive sports car with a predominantly young male ownership. They say absolutely ZERO about the OP. Inference of fault from statistics and probabilities does not hold up anywhere - not in court, not in science, not in math, and not here.

Originally Posted by evoIX15
Linden, Sorry i havent had time to respond back to your immature posts. I have a life and i dont troll around on a forum and try to make 19 year olds feel bad. You're a dumb b*tch and if you can't pay the insurance THEN GET A DIFFERENT CAR! Who are you to judge me? you know nothing about me. You talk all big and bad on the internet but i would put money on it that if you ever came to Arkansas and tried to say that crap to my face and tell me that its MY fault your sorry *ss cant afford to pay for YOUR sh*t, you would get knocked the hell out. I almost lost alot more than my car the other day and all you care about is your insurance? f*ck you! if you were to get on here and tell me that your wife and kid were ran off the road by a semi, do you think i would say "well its her fault, she shouldnt have been messing with the kid in the back seat while she's driving!"???? hell no! you are an arrogant ******* and you think just because you live in boulder, colorado and drive an m3 that you are better than everybody? Well you're wrong! get another job if you cant afford to pay for your insurance b*tch! its people like YOU who dont stop to help people in a wreck because it was "THEIR FAULT" right? you're the ******* who rubbernecks and says "damn kids, the are costing me money!" As un christ like as my post has been, I apologize and I'll pray for you. I can't believe someone would be so cold about such a thing. I didnt post the thread asking or you to feel sorry for me, i posted to tell my story, for awareness about families.
That would be the wrong way to respond.

Thread closed.