Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Info on US Evos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2002, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, here's the real scoop...

The real reason why Evos were not brought into the US is because of the lack of a strategically placed decent "VEnti" sized cupholder.
The cupholders in the older Evo series spilled the drinks really easily when going fast around corners and damnit, that is NOT acceptable.
Besides, they could only hold up to the "Tall" size and not the "Grande" and bigger sized latte cups
Old Apr 26, 2002, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by RA29
ok, here's the real scoop...

The real reason why Evos were not brought into the US is because of the lack of a strategically placed decent "VEnti" sized cupholder.
The cupholders in the older Evo series spilled the drinks really easily when going fast around corners and damnit, that is NOT acceptable.
Besides, they could only hold up to the "Tall" size and not the "Grande" and bigger sized latte cups
That's good humor right there
Old Apr 26, 2002, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Cool Venti EVO

I looked into the "cup-holder" theory of why the EVO hasn't made it to the States... and this is what I found through my sources:

Mitsu, unable to perfect a cup-holder of U.S. standards on its own, has partnered with Starbucks and 7-11 R&D in order to realize this dream and finally bring the EVO to American shores. Using the latest in 3D animation and real-life testing in the field, Mitsubishi is closer than before... perhaps even perfecting its cup-holder. Hundreds of cup-holderologists have been hired from Ford and GM, as well as the best cup-holder testers money can by, whose insight into this difficult socio-engineering problem remains priceless.

Recently, Road and Track and Car and Driver have obtained spy-photos of EVO-mules and cup-holder testers around the Seatle-area and rural 7-11s throughout the country. The testors, easily picked-out because of their notoriety and ingeniousness in the field where seen both purchasing big-gulps and Lattes of varrying sizes, including the Venti, and conveniently placing them into a highly-disguised receptacles.

EVOs have been spotted at the Nuremburgring, hot-lapping the course with drivers and interior completely in white. The drivers were seen taking cups of varrying sizes from a Starbucks booth, as well as large cups of soda drinks from an adjacent 7-11 stand prior to running the track. After the lap, the drivers would come out and photos taken of the interior and driver alike by engineers, the interior changed and new driver in all white ready to drive to begin the cycle again.

The golden-lining of these reports are that several of the EVOs lapping where completely devoid of stains, as were the drivers.

Moreover, sources have recently been told that Mitsu has been educated by its new partners in the Western thought of convenience of everything while driving regardless of the consequence and has considered supplying each EVO with a new cell-phone, make-up and shaving kits, deleting the turn-signal entirely, and free newspaper delivery too the car, in addition to a complete utensil kit in the glovebox, icluding plate, to match the tool kit.

It's also expected Starbuck and 7-11 higher performance packages will be offered a year after the Evo release.

In sum,

Thank G-d they held the EVO release to perfect he cup holder... the last thing I want to worry about is spilling my delicious, mocha, two Sweet and low, half-calf, exta-hot, no foam, in two cups Latte while shifting in a decreasing radius turn.

And make mine a Venti.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 07:07 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Good stuff pjork-master! And I must say, very well written.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks RaX.
Old May 3, 2002, 04:14 AM

Question ehhhh confusion

Now is it just me or is every kid in america what to know what exacly the guys of mitsubishi are thinking... now i dont mean to grip but they are not telling us anything which worries me slightly will someone tell these guys to inform to millions of kids that are pissing in therir pants what is goin on?!?