Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RMR - warranty backed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2003, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RMR - warranty backed

Not sure if anyone knows (FYI...I have been gone for a while) but I walked into Mitsu to buy a case of oil filters (70$ for 10) and I noticed RMR flags up in the Parts dept. I asked what that was about and they told me that they NOW back with warantee all RMR products. The catch....Mitsu has to install them.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

That is likely a dealer specific thing.

My dealership said they would cover just about any mod I wanted to make....as long as I let their service dept do the install.

SC~
Old Aug 4, 2003, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

so you have to buy the product from RMR, then bring it to your dealer, pay their people to install it, and then if something breaks that dealer will honor your warranty? sounds like too much extra money and bs to put up with to me.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, sounds too good to be true. I'm sure they dont cover all parts.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's great, we have really been pushing the dealers to do that. What dealer ship did you go to? Just curious...
Old Aug 4, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

I know anaheim mitsubishi (or was is costa mesa?) offers to install the intake, exhaust, wing and lip kit and add it all to your loan and they said it is warranteed.

This is all for the regular lancer though
Old Aug 4, 2003, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

I am just simply just repeating what the parts dept. told me. He said "ALL" parts. He said you can order it and have it sent directly to the Dealership and they will install it.

Shelton Mitsubishi (but i dont bring my car there). I was just buying the filters
Old Aug 4, 2003, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

It has to be dealer specific. I called my local dealership, and they said they do resell RMR parts and can do the install, but it WILL void any associated parts warranty on the car
Old Aug 4, 2003, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing will void the warranty unless they can prove it caused the problem. This is a law.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by RMRBlair
That's great, we have really been pushing the dealers to do that. What dealer ship did you go to? Just curious...
Hey Blair, how bout you guys call my dealer here in atlanta (Peachtree Mitsubishi) and get them pimpin your parts.... my biggest concern has been over getting blacklisted for having aftermarket parts.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 09:35 PM
In Timeout

wow that is very surprising to me that dealerships are backing RMR products.... and no ralliart products... thats pretty coo though... hey mad viii.... get over the concern... lets say something goes wrong thats expensive ( engine/tranny).... the labor to take off all your mods and put them back on... is going b about the same damn price ne wayz
Old Aug 4, 2003, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

I wish I can get factory warranty if I buy the HKS 3037 turbo kit.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

I just spoke to the dealer where I got my EVO. They told me to give them the part # for any RMR part and they would order it for me and install all while keeping full warranty!

Hey Blair! Send me a part # list for everything you offer for the EVO 8 so that I may pick and choose!
Old Aug 7, 2003, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

I am in North VA now, but I was living in Huntington Beach, CA. HB Mitsu will install and cover almost everything (all the bolt-ons). One of the service mgrs, Josh, worked at RMR and is really easy to work with. Also, their parts guy, Jesus, is top-notch. I needed the nut cover for my rear wiper in super-short notice and he got it for me (no charge) the day I left for VA.