Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Evo is KING! be proud and buy...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2003, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Evo is KING! be proud and buy...

Well I ran out and picked up the sportcompactcar magazine. The Evo against Germany OH! it will make you feel so proud spend the money you will want to keep it with your Evo if, not sure why one would, but if you sell your car you will want to include this article with it. http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/toc/ just go out get the magazine pour yourself your favorite cup of steamy brew and take it in... and jeez Vishnu is the king of smooz the guy has the PR wrap down. OK that is all I am saying
Old Aug 4, 2003, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

I read the entire article with a huge smile on my face. A 30k car keeping up with cars double the price and double the bling bling. I am definately proud of my purchase.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 07:53 AM

Thats cool...need to go get that issue and check it out!
Old Aug 4, 2003, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

I have it made me feel very proud
Old Aug 4, 2003, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

It is a good read. The only bad thing was that the hot temps negatively impacted the Evos' performance and supposedly the clutch was pretty toasty. Fortunately they refer back to their original tests of the same car(evo) and the numbers were much better....just a tick off of Shivs car in the heat.

I think the best statement was this one after some heavy road testing in various conditions- " And almost immediately two cars stood out. Both the C4S and the EVO shine in all conditions. At triple digits, both are stable as the rock of Gibralter and initial impressions say that neither really has an edge to look out for."

Quite a glowing endorsement when compared to three high dollar @$$-kicking performance rides!!

The new S4 on the other hand didn't rate very well in my opinion, and the M3 was given excellent marks for a RWD platform which I would expect having owned and driven M cars....they are excellent rides!

Overall the article does leave you feeling good about buying an Evo, especially when they mention just how badly the Vishnu Evo outperforms the field with just $4k of mods. :-)!!
Old Aug 5, 2003, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

I have really noticed how much the Evo changes with the heat we don't really get alot of heat but as of late we have and the Evo really takes a hit. When it cools to the 60's oh my god watch out the car feels like it has 400HP pulls hard every gear snappy as hell. It got to the mid to high 90's last week and car just felt a bit flatter. In the morning when it was real cool out on my way to work same fun pulling madness. the folks in the South don't even now what a difference it makes and they are better off that way. Winter will bring something to look forward too especially since it don't snow here:-)
Old Aug 5, 2003, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I have that issue...great article!

Every day that goes by makes me more and more glad I bought the Evo...
Old Aug 5, 2003, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just bought that SCC too.

My dad has a C4s, hehe.

I told him I'm getting similar mods to the one that was "smoked" the C4s on every road, lol.

However, if you drive a C4s, you'll see where the extra money goes: refinement, amenities, fit and finish, and prestige. I don't have the coin to get a C4s, so EVO for me is cool.

FB
Old Aug 5, 2003, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

yea, those cars are more than performace.... but still I was upset with the numbers in that article... understandably with the clutch and heat....but still... put a whole shadow on the test

-shahul
Old Aug 5, 2003, 11:40 AM

I have driven both the 993 C4S and the EVO VIII. This is my opinion. Value issue aside, Porsche is about "feel," which the EVO can't match. This makes the overall driving experience more rewarding from the Porsche, depite the same lap time or otherwise. The smooth acceleration, the braking, the steering all work in unison in the Porsche to give that intangible feel. The turbo in the EVO gives it just a bit too much on-off character. The EVO brakes, while sharp, don't appear to provide the same progressive sensation as in the Porsche. Both steerings are sensational, but I feel just a tad more secure in the C4S (maybe affected by the other two factors, not afraid of unexpected turbo boost and feeling more intimate with the brakes). The midrange acceleration (say 60-100mph) of the Porsche is also fantastic. I own the EVO VIII because it gives me a close facsimile to the C4S experience for a lot lower price. But if I had some cool $60K to spend (on a used mint 993 C4S) I would buy the C4S versus an EVO plus another $30K car (say convertible).
Old Aug 5, 2003, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

a guy at my work that just bought an E46 M3 is all bent out of shape cuz of this article lol..... hes one of the upper-management people at the company and this little dude over in shipping has a "faster" car than him... same goes with a dood that has a Saleen Rustang... another that has a brand new M5...... the list goes on...... LoL

(the little dude in shipping, of course, is me)